Shuttered Venue Operators Grant portal reopens Saturday, April 24th
Find updated documents and guidance today
The U.S. Small Business Administration has announced that the Shuttered Venue Operators Grant application portal will reopen on Saturday, April 24.
Updated documents and guidance will be available today (Friday, April 23rd) by clicking here.
This is a grant program established by the Economic Aid to Hard-Hit Small Businesses, Nonprofits, and Venues Act, and amended by the American Rescue Plan Act. The program includes over $16 billion in grants to shuttered venues, and is administered by SBA’s Office of Disaster Assistance.
Eligible applicants may qualify for grants equal to 45% of their gross earned revenue, with the maximum amount available for a single grant award of $10 million. $2 billion is reserved for eligible applications with up to 50 full-time employees.
Eligible entities include:
- Live venue operators or promoters.
- Theatrical producers.
- Live performing arts organization operators.
- Museum operators.
- Motion picture theater operators (including owners).
- Talent representatives.
Other requirements of note:
- Must have been in operation as of February 29, 2020.
- Venue or promoter who received a PPP loan on or after December 27, 2020, will have the SVOG reduced by the PPP loan amount.