Fireworks Legalization - The Impact on the Community
Updates to the state fireworks law have had many unintended consequences that impact public safety and are putting a strain on law enforcement throughout the state and Rep. Jeanne McNeill hosted a public hearing to discuss what the legislature can do.
The hearing was held at 1 p.m. Monday, August 30 at the Teamsters Local 773 Union Hall, 3614 Lehigh St., Whitehall.
Host + Testifiers:
- Hosted by: Rep. Jeane McNeill, Chair Ryan Bizzarro, and members of the House Democratic Policy Committee
- Testimony by:
- Jeremy Warmkessel, IAAF Local 302 Union President, Allentown Fire Department
- Adam Perrault, IAAF Local 302 Executive Board Member, Allentown Fire Department
- Michael Marks, Whitehall Township Police Department Chief
- Concerned residents
- Kelly Bauer, The Center for Aniimal Health and Welfare Executive Director
- John Faisetty, First Presbyterian Church
- Jay Delaney, PA Career Fire Chief's Association and Chief Wilkes-Barre City Fire Dept. President
- Robert Brooks, PA Professional Firefighters Association EasternVice
Agenda + Testimony
Media Release + News Coverage