Now open for applications: Alternative fuels vehicle and infrastructure funding opportunities
Rep. Nick Pisciottano July 22, 2021 | 11:01 AM
STATE PROGRAMS NOW OPEN FOR APPLICATIONS:
Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection: Alternative Fuels Incentive Grant (Funding Source: General Fund)
Who May Apply: School districts, municipal authorities, municipalities, nonprofits, private businesses.
Use: Purchase or retrofit vehicles to operate on alternative fuels, purchase and install refueling equipment, and research or develop new technologies.
Funds: Infrastructure and innovative technology project grants up to $600,000. Vehicle grants up to $100,000 per vehicle, depending upon class of vehicle.
Application Deadline: August 27; a second application round will close December 17
More Information: Click on https://www.dep.pa.gov/Citizens/GrantsLoansRebates/Alternative-Fuels-Incentive-Grant/Pages/default.aspx.
UPCOMING APPLICATION DEADLINES:
DEP Driving PA Forward Level 2 EV Charging Rebate Program: Until Funds Expended (Funding Source: State Mitigation Trust - Volkswagen Emissions Settlement)
- Business, charitable organizations, incorporated nonprofits, local government entities, school districts, and other entities. - Rebates for Level 2 EV charging equipment for public use at government owned property, public use at non-government owned property, non-public use at work places, non-public use at multi-unit dwellings.
DHS Children’s Trust Fund: July 19 (Funding Source: Children’s Trust Fund)
- Any organization operating in Pennsylvania that provides direct services. – To support community-based child abuse and neglect prevention projects.
PCCD 2021-22 PA Academic and Career/Technical Training (PACTT) Competitive Funding: July 23 (Funding Source: General Fund)
- Privately operated residential facilities, community-based providers, and juvenile probation offices that are not currently PACTT Affiliates. - To develop programs in the following PACTT service areas that adhere to PACTT Standards in order to gain affiliate status: core programming; academic instruction; work related services; and job skills training.
Agriculture - Federal Specialty Crop Block Grant Program: July 30 (Funding Source: Federal Funding)
- State and local organizations, producer associations, academia, community-based organizations, and other stakeholders. - Projects that will increase visibility and competitiveness of the state’s horticultural specialty crops.
CFA Multimodal Transportation Fund: July 31 (Funding Source: Multimodal Transportation Fund)
- Municipalities, school districts, private businesses, nonprofits, economic development organizations, public transportation agencies, railroad operators, port terminal operators. - Development, rehabilitation, and enhancement of transportation assets to existing communities; streetscape; lighting; sidewalk enhancement; pedestrian safety; connectivity of transportation assets; and transit-oriented development.
PA Fish and Boat Commission - Boating Infrastructure Grant Program: July 31 (Funding Source: Federal Funding)
- Public and private operators of open-to-the-public boating facilities, including municipal agencies (cities, towns, counties, etc.), state agencies (State Parks, DNR, Fish & Wildlife, etc.), and other government entities. - The construction, renovation and maintenance of transient moorage (tie-up) facilities serving recreational motorboats 26 feet and longer.
PHMC Historical & Archival Records Care grant program: August 1 (Funding Source: Keystone Recreation, Park & Conservation Fund)
- Historical societies, libraries, museums, nonprofit organizations, colleges and universities, local governments, school districts. - Surveying, inventorying, preserving, arranging and describing historical records relevant to Pennsylvania.
PENNDOT Section 5310 Private Nonprofit (PNP) Vehicle Grant Program: August 2 (Funding Source: Federal Funding)
- Private nonprofit organizations and designated public bodies. - To purchase new wheelchair accessible small transit vehicles.
PCCD Evidence-Based Programs (EBPs) Support for Substance Misuse Prevention: August 3 (Funding Source: Federal Funding)
- Pennsylvania Intermediate Units (IUs), Nonprofit organizations, Single County Authorities (SCAs), and Approved Alternative Education for Disruptive Youth (AEDY) Programs. - New school-based prevention programs focused on youth in grades 6 through 12.
Federal Communications Commission: Emergency Connectivity Fund: August 3 (Funding Source: Federal Funding)
- Schools, libraries, and consortia of schools and libraries (e.g., regional or statewide groups of schools or libraries that apply together) that are eligible for support under the FCC's E-Rate Program. - Eligible equipment includes Wi-Fi hotspots, modems (including air cards), routers, devices that combine a modem and router, and connected devices (laptop and tablet computers).
PCCD STOP Violence Against Women Formula Grant Program 2022-2024 Competitive: August 3 (Funding Source: Federal Funding)
- County governments and non-profit victim service agencies. - To support cross-system, collaborative efforts to respond to victims of violence against women crimes.
PENNDOT 2021 Transportation Alternatives Set-Aside: Pre-application date: August 6; Final due date: October 15, 2021 (Funding Source: Federal Funds)
- Local governments; regional transportation authorities; transit agencies; natural resource or public land agencies, including federal agencies; school districts, local education agencies, schools, tribal governments; a nonprofit entity responsible for the administration of local transportation safety programs; and any local or regional governmental entity responsible of transportation or recreational trails. - For projects and activities defined as transportation alternatives, including pedestrian and bicycle facilities, infrastructure projects for non-driver access to public transportation, community improvement activities, and environmental mitigation trails that serve a transportation purpose, and safe routes to school projects.
Agriculture - Agricultural Product Promotion, Education, and Export Promotion Matching Grant: August 6 (Funding Source: General Fund)
- Nonprofit agricultural product promotion and marketing organizations. - To promote agricultural products, educate consumers, and grow export markets.
PCCD 2021 Reducing Racial and Ethnic Disparities Coordinators: August 30 (Funding Source: Federal Funding)
- Any private non-profit agency, public agency, or unit of local government. - To support local jurisdictions in their efforts to reduce racial and ethnic disparities in Pennsylvania’s juvenile justice system through the hiring of a full time Racial and Ethnic Disparities (R/ED) Coordinator.
DCED Keystone Communities: August 31 (Funding Source: General Fund)
- Municipalities, counties, redevelopment authorities, housing authorities, economic development organizations, housing corporations, community development corporations, business improvement districts, neighborhood improvement districts, downtown improvement districts. - To revitalize/stabilize/grow neighborhoods and communities.
American Library Association: Libraries Transforming Communities - Focus on Small and Rural Libraries Program: September 16
- Libraries serving small communities and/or rural communities – To develop a community engagement project.
DEP Section 902 Recycling Implementation Grant: September 24 (Funding Source: Recycling Fund)
- Counties, cities, boroughs, incorporated towns, townships, home rule municipalities, councils of governments, consortiums or similar entities established by two or more municipalities. - To fund costs associated with developing and implementing a recycling program.
CFA Unserved High-Speed Broadband Funding Program: September 24 (Funding Source: General Fund)
- Any nongovernmental entity with the technical, managerial, and financial expertise to design, build and operate a high-speed broadband service infrastructure within Pennsylvania. - Acquisition, construction, equipment, and site preparation costs associated with the deployment of high-speed broadband infrastructure to unserved areas.
DEP 2020 Recycling Performance Grants: December 30 (Funding Source: Environmental Stewardship Fund)
- Any municipality with a recycling program in 2020. - Municipal recycling programs.