One of the most important parts of my job is bringing resources home to the 151st Legislative District, and I’m proud to share some great news: I helped secure $2,148,603 in Local Share Account grant funding for projects across Ambler, Horsham, Montgomery Township, and Upper Dublin.
These investments will support public safety, water infrastructure, recreation, school security, and one of our incredible community nonprofits.
|
The funding includes:
- Ambler Borough: $167,188 for two police vehicles and equipment.
- Horsham Township: $65,000 to replace aging mobile data terminals in police vehicles and $75,000 for lighting at eight pickleball courts.
- Horsham Water and Sewer Authority: $51,415 for a maintenance truck and $600,000 to replace deteriorated water mains along Summer and Cottage Avenues.
- Mitzvah Circle: $990,000 for safety, accessibility, structural, and exterior improvements to its Montgomery Township campus.
- Fairwold Academy: $200,000 for enhanced security measures, including cameras, electronic locks, access controls, and exterior lighting.
These projects may look different, but they have something important in common: they make our communities safer, stronger, and better equipped to serve residents.
I’m especially excited about the investment in Mitzvah Circle, an organization I’ve had the opportunity to visit and support many times. Their team provides clothing, diapers, household items, toiletries, and other essentials to families throughout our region. This funding will help improve their campus so they can continue focusing on what they do best—helping people.
Securing these dollars takes planning, collaboration, and advocacy. My office works closely with municipalities, authorities, schools, nonprofits, first responders, and community organizations to identify needs and connect them with state funding opportunities.
When I talk about “bringing money back to the district,” this is what I mean: investing in police equipment, replacing aging infrastructure, improving parks, supporting nonprofits, and strengthening school security.
I’m incredibly proud of this $2.1 million investment and look forward to seeing these projects move forward.
|
Honoring and Supporting Our Veterans
|
We also had a wonderful turnout for our Veterans Expo, which I was proud to host with Rep. Nancy Guenst and Rep. Brian Munroe.
|
Veterans and their families had the opportunity to connect directly with VA representatives and organizations offering health care, disability benefits, financial assistance, education, housing, and other services.
|
Navigating veterans’ benefits can be overwhelming, and part of our responsibility is helping bridge that gap. Our gratitude to veterans cannot end when their military service does—we must continue showing up and making sure they know they don’t have to navigate these programs alone.
|
Thank you to everyone who helped make the event possible, especially The VE Club, and most importantly, to every veteran who attended and every person who has worn the uniform of our country. Your service and sacrifice deserve our recognition. ??????
|
Remembering the Korean War and 73 Years of Partnership
|
I was also honored to attend the 73rd Anniversary of the America Korea Alliance Commemorative Event at the Korean War Memorial America Korea Alliance Peace Park in Montgomery Township.
One of the most meaningful parts of the ceremony was recognizing Korean War veterans through a special medal presentation.
|
More than 200,000 Pennsylvanians served during the Korean War. Behind that number are individual people, families, sacrifices, and stories that helped shape our Commonwealth and our country.
The U.S.-Republic of Korea alliance has endured for more than seven decades, built on the tremendous sacrifices of generations of Americans and Koreans. It was especially meaningful to commemorate that history right here in Montgomery Township.
To our Korean War veterans and their families: thank you. Your bravery and sacrifice must never be forgotten.
|
Bringing Services Directly to Our Neighbors
|
Not every community event involves a ceremony or a big announcement. Sometimes it involves boxes and boxes and boxes of old paperwork. ??
|
Senator Maria Collett and I recently hosted another successful Community Shredding Event at Rose Twig Park. It was a great opportunity for residents to safely dispose of sensitive documents, donate nonperishable food to local food banks, and connect with us outside our district offices.
|
I always enjoy hearing what’s happening in your neighborhoods, answering questions, and making sure people know how our offices can help.
|
Thank you to Senator Collett, our staff, volunteers, shredding crews, and everyone who participated. We love bringing services like this directly into the community and look forward to doing it again. ????
|
My Office Is Here for You
|
Whether I’m attending a veterans event, helping secure grant funding, hosting a community event, visiting a local organization, or helping someone navigate a state agency, everything comes back to one thing: serving the people of the 151st District.
My team and I can help with PennDOT questions, unemployment compensation, Property Tax/Rent Rebate applications, birth and death certificates, state programs and benefits, and many other state-related issues.
Even when an issue falls outside of state government, we’ll always do our best to connect you with the right place.
|
Sometimes the most important part of this job is simply making sure someone knows where to turn when they need help.
It’s an honor to represent this incredible community. I am grateful every day for the conversations, ideas, questions, and even the occasional boxes full of paperwork that keep me connected to the people I serve. ??
As always, I will keep showing up, keep listening, and keep working to make sure the 151st District gets the attention and resources it deserves.
|
?? Have old electronics collecting dust? Let’s recycle them responsibly!
|
I’m excited to once again host an E-Waste Recycling Event for our community!
This is a great opportunity to safely get rid of old computers, laptops, printers, small appliances, DVD players, VCRs, miscellaneous wire, metal items, and just about anything with a plug.
A few important reminders: monitors, TVs, and items containing freon or other hazardous materials cannot be accepted. For everyone’s safety, please remain in your vehicle when you arrive and follow the directions of our volunteers.
The Junkluggers is partnering with us to help keep electronic waste out of landfills and make responsible recycling a little easier for our neighbors.
Start gathering those old electronics now, and I hope to see you there! ????
|
??Trunk or Treat + community resources + food trucks = a pretty great Saturday afternoon!
|
Join Rep. Liz Hanbidge, Rep. Ben Sanchez, the Ambler YMCA, and me for our Family Resource Fair & Trunk or Treat on Saturday, October 24 from 2 PM to 4 PM at the Ambler YMCA, 1325 McKean Road!
Bring the kids in costume, grab some treats, enjoy the food trucks, and connect with organizations offering helpful resources for families throughout our community.
This is all about bringing neighbors together, having some Halloween fun, and making it easier to learn about the services and support available right here in our area. ??
Costumes are welcome, so come dressed up and ready for some fun!
We hope to see you there! ??????
|
Pennsylvania State Capitol
122 Irvis Office Building
Harrisburg, PA 17120
(717) 772-1999
|
District Office
605 Horsham Rd.
Horsham, PA 19044
(267) 282-6695
|
|