Environmental Justice w/ PLBC
Policy Committee October 5, 2022
HARRISBURG, Oct. 5 – At a joint hearing before the House Democratic Policy Committee and the Pennsylvania Legislative Black Caucus, testifiers pointed to specific ways state government can refocus its efforts on environmental justice and racial equity in order to help communities. Testifiers and legislators said these efforts must include a focus on working class neighborhoods, which many times are plagued by environmental concerns, decreasing property values, a lack of fair representation in the decision-making process and other issues.
Host + Testifiers
- Hosts: Rep. Donna Bullock (D-Philadelphia), Pennsylvania Legislative Black Caucus
- Nathan Walker, Acting Policy Director, PennDOT
- Nicole Tyler, Director of Equitable Transportation, PennDOT
- Anthony David, Student, Harrisburg University
- Rafiyqa Muhammad, Co-founder, Ngozi Inc.
- Maurice Sampson, Eastern Pennsylvania Director, Clean Water Action
- Dr. Jamil Bey, PhD, Founder/CEO, UrbanKind Institute
- Veronica Coptis, Executive Director, Center for Coalfield Justice
- Ashley Funk, Executive Director, Mountain Watershed Association
Agenda + Testimony
Media Release + News Coverage