Policy hearing identifies facts and fiction of post-Roe Pennsylvania
HARRISBURG, July 19- The House and Senate Policy Committees convened a hearing to explore what the future of healthcare looks like in Pennsylvania after the Supreme Court of the United States overturned Roe v. Wade. The hearing, co-hosted by Rep. Mary Isaacson (D-Philadelphia) and the Women’s Health Caucus, identified the facts and fiction of what the Supreme Court’s ruling means for people seeking abortion care in Pennsylvania.
The hearing took place in 418 Main Capitol building in Harrisburg on Tuesday, July 19 from 10 a.m.-12p.m.
Host + Testifiers
- Hosts: Rep. Mary Isaacson (D-Philadelphia), Members of the Women's Health Caucus
- Dr. Denise Johnson, Acting Secretary and Physician General, Pa. Dept. of Health
Agenda + Testimony
Media Release + News Coverage
- Policy hearing identifies facts and fiction of a post-Roe Pennsylvania, July 19, 2022
- Pennsylvania Capital-Star, Pa. physician general, acting health secretary cautions against restricting abortion access, July 19, 2022
- Pittsburgh City Paper, In hearing on a post-Roe Pa., state Democrats stress the importance of abortion access, July 19, 2022
Video + Photos