Hearing identifies maternity deserts in Delaware County
Policy Committee May 12, 2022 | 12:39 PM
UPPER DARBY, May 11- This year, Crozer Health announced that it is closing a number of its facilities in attempt to cut cost “to be able to continue providing the highest quality care.” Lawmakers in Delaware County saw the closure of maternity units in their region was a big issue and hosted a hearing to understand the impact is has on expectant mothers.
The hearing was hosted by Reps. Gina Curry and Mike Zabel and took place at Monsignor Bonner & Arch-Bishop Prendergast Catholic H.S. Auditorium, 403 N. Lansdowne Ave., Drexel Hill, PA on May 11th at 10:00a.m.
Host + Testifiers
- Hosts: Reps. Gina Curry and Mike Zabel, D-Delaware
- Angela Neopolitano, President, Delaware County Nurses Association
- Samia Bristow, Senior Program Director, Maternity Care Coalition
- Theresa Pettaway, Founder and Executive Director, Pettaway Pursuit Foundation
- Katie Kenyon, Community Engagement Director, The Foundation for Delaware County
- Dr. Monica Taylor, Chair, Delaware County Council
Agenda + Testimony
Media Release + News Coverage