The Evolving Epidemic: Opioids and Treatment Options
ALLENTOWN, May 2 – The opioid overdose death count for all of 2021 was 4,300 and that number is still rising as more data continues to come in. The opioid crisis is a massive public health and public safety challenge in Pennsylvania, so lawmakers convened in Allentown for a hearing about the evolving epidemic.
The hearing, “The Evolving Epidemic: Opioids and Treatment Options” was hosted by Chair Ryan Bizzarro and Rep. Mike Schlossberg on Monday, May 2, 2022 at 1:00 p.m. at the Cetronia Ambulance Corps on 4300 Broadway, Allentown, PA 18104.
Host + Testifiers
- Hosts: Rep. Mike Schlossberg, D-Lehigh, and Chair Ryan Bizzarro, D-Erie
- Nancy Knoebel, founder, Danny’s Ride
- Rhonda Miller, volunteer ambassador, Shatterproof
- David Synnamon, injury prevention manager, Allentown Health Bureau
- Dr. Abby Letcher, medical director for primary care addiction medicine, Lehigh Valley Health Network
- Amie Allanson-Dundon, clinical therapy services, psychotherapist, St. Lukes University Health Network
- Ellen DiDomenico, deputy secretary, PA Department of Drug and Alcohol Programs
- Hon. Douglas Reichley, Court of Common Pleas judge, Lehigh County
Agenda + Testimony
Media Release + News Coverage
Video + Photos
- May 2, 2022 photo album: Opioids and Treatement Options