Charter schools raise property taxes
Policy Committee April 5, 2022 | 10:30 AM
HARRISBURG, April 4 – The House Democratic Policy Committee held a hearing about Pennsylvania charter schools, laws regulating them, and their overall impact on property taxes.
The hearing was hosted by Isaacson, and Reps. Joe Ciresi and Carol Hill-Evans, and took place in Harrisburg where lawmakers joined in person and virtually to hear from public school leaders, advocates and educators.
Host + Testifiers
- Hosted by: Vice Chair Mary Isaacson, Rep. Joe Ciresi, and Rep. Carol Hill-Evans
- Testimony by:
- Uri Monson, Chief Financial Officer, School District of Philadelphia
- Arthur Steinberg, President, Pennsylvania AFT
- Stephen Rodriguez, Superintendent, Pottstown School District
- Tomea Sippio-Smith, K-12 Education Policy Director, Children First
- Larry Feinberg, Director, Keystone Center for Charter Change
Agenda + Testimony
Media Release + News Coverage
Video + Photos
Photos: April 4, 2022 -Impact of Charter Schools on Raising Property Taxes