House Democratic Policy Committee to hold hearing on Driver’s License for ITIN holders Tuesday in Capitol
HARRISBURG, Sept. 17 – State Rep. Mike Sturla, D-Lancaster, announced today that the House Democratic Policy Committee will hold a public hearing on H.B. 2835, which would allow individual taxpayer identification number holders to apply for a driver’s license.
The hearing will be held at 2 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 22 in Room G-50 Irvis Office Building in Harrisburg. The media and public are urged to watch the livestream at www.pahouse.com/live.
Requested by state Rep. Danilo Burgos, D-Phila, the hearing will feature testimony from policy experts and ITIN holders about the importance of his legislation to Pennsylvania’s economy and workforce. Testifiers will speak remotely while members will participate in person and remotely.
Testifiers will include:
- Luis Larin, statewide coordinator, Driving PA Forward Coalition.
- Desi Burnette, statewide coordinator, Movement of Immigrant Leaders PA.
- Olga Velasquez, member, Casa San Jose (Pittsburgh).
- Dewa Sukma, member, New Sanctuary Movement of Philadelphia.
- Diana Polson, policy analyst, Pennsylvania Budget and Policy Center.
- Justina Almontes, member, CATA-The Farmworker Support Committee.
- Guillermo Perez, president, LCLAA Pittsburgh.
- Casey Stokes, social worker, John Harris High School.
- Karen Gardner, policy associate, National Young Farmers Coalition-PA Chapter.
- Muneeba Talukder, immigrants’ rights legal fellow, ACLU Pennsylvania.
- Julissa Morales, member, Movement of Immigrant Leaders PA.
- Caitlin Barry, director, Villanova University’s Farmworker Legal Aid Clinic.
Following the hearing, testimonies and full hearing video will be posted at www.pahouse.com/policycommittee.