House Democratic Policy Committee to hold hearing on fairness for tenant utility billing Wednesday in Capitol
HARRISBURG, Sept. 3 – State Rep. Mike Sturla, D-Lancaster, announced today that the House Democratic Policy Committee will hold a public hearing on fairness for tenant utility billing.
The hearing will be held at 2 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 9 in Room G-50 Irvis Office Building in Harrisburg. The media and public are urged to watch the livestream at www.pahouse.com/live.
Requested by state Rep. Marty Flynn, D-Lackawanna, the hearing will focus on his H.B. 2275, which would ensure fairness for tenant utility billing. Testifiers will speak remotely while members will participate in person and remotely.
Testifiers will include:
- Gladys Brown Dutrieuille, chair, Pennsylvania Utility Commission.
- Marc Treitler, partner/general counsel, Conservice.
- Sabrina Patterson, legal counsel, Conservice.
- Michael Housely, president, Legacy Energy (on behalf of the Pennsylvania Apartment Association).
- Gale Schwartz, associate director of policy and strategic initiatives, Housing Alliance of Pennsylvania.
Following the hearing, testimonies and full hearing video will be posted at www.pahouse.com/policycommittee.