Mullins announces changes to district office operations effective March 16
OLYPHANT, March 13 – State Rep. Kyle Mullins, D-Lackawanna, is alerting residents that his district office will close to the public and operations will be by telephone, mail and email only starting Monday, March 16th to avoid serving as a place of transmission of COVID-19 coronavirus. This move follows the guidance of public health officials.
"We are continuing to monitor COVID-19 with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the PA Department of Health," Mullins said. "Out of an abundance of caution and safety for residents of the district and my staff, this is a necessary course of action."
Mullins adds if residents have state paperwork to drop off, it should be sent via mail to 520 Burke Bypass, Unit 1, Olyphant, PA 18337. Residents are also advised to take precautions to protect themselves from COVID-19, such as the following:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds (time to sing Happy Birthday song twice).
- Cover coughs or sneezes with your elbow or use a tissue. Do not use your hands.
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not readily available.
- Clean surfaces frequently, including countertops, light switches, cell phones, remotes, door handles, stair rails and other frequently touched items.
- Avoid touching your hands to your face, eyes, nose and mouth.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or disinfectant wipe.
- If you are sick, it is safer to stay home until you are feeling better, and if you are concerned with symptoms or contact, check with your primary care provider.
For addtional information please visit Mullins' website (www.RepMullins.com), social media (www.facebook.com/RepKyleMullins) or Twitter (twitter.com/RepKyleMullins). You also may call his office at 570-383-9795. Mullins also recommends everyone follow the PA Department of Health's website for the latest information on the coronavirus.