Now open for applications: Environmental education and child care provider funding opportunities
STATE PROGRAMS NOW OPEN FOR APPLICATIONS:
Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection: Environmental Education Grants (Funding Source: General Fund)
Who May Apply: Schools, nonprofits, colleges and universities, municipalities, county conservation districts, and businesses.
Use: While all education project topics are considered, water quality, climate change, and environmental justice are priority areas. Project examples include tours, demonstrations, and hands-on learning experiences and workshops on stream monitoring, rain gardens, wetlands, green infrastructure, and other watershed stewardship; solar and other renewable energy, alternative transportation, energy conservation, and other approaches to address climate change; and improving air quality and community and municipal partnerships to address local environmental challenges.
Funds: Mini grants up to $3,000 for local projects. General grants up to $85,000 for local, regional, and statewide projects.
Application Deadline: December 10
More Information: Click on https://www.dep.pa.gov/Citizens/EnvironmentalEducation/Grants/Pages/default.aspx.
Pennsylvania Office of Child Development and Early Learning: American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) Stabilization Grants (Funding Source: Federal Funding)
Who May Apply: Licensed childcare providers.
Use: One-time grants for operational expenses and costs related to the impacts of COVID-19.
Funds: See link below for funding amounts and distribution methodology.
Application Deadline: January 31, 2022
More Information: Click on https://www.pakeys.org/arpastabilizationgrants/.
UPCOMING APPLICATION DEADLINES:
PCCD Public Defender Training Initiatives Grant: September 28 (Funding Source: Federal Funds)
- Any organization that can demonstrate a history of providing training and technical assistance to public defenders in Pennsylvania. The applicant agency must also demonstrate the ability to provide training at a statewide level. - To provide training and technical assistance to public defenders in Pennsylvania.
PCCD Prosecutor Training Initiatives Grant: September 29 (Funding Source: Federal Funds)
- Any organization that can demonstrate a history of providing training and technical assistance to county prosecutors. The applicant agency must also demonstrate the ability to provide training at a statewide level and become certified by the Continuing Legal Education (CLE) Board as an accredited CLE provider. - To provide training and technical assistance to prosecutors and law enforcement professionals on legal issues relevant to adults and juveniles.
DCNR ATV/Snowmobile Grants: September 30 (Funding Source: ATV and Snowmobile Registrations)
- Municipalities, nonprofits, and for-profit organizations. - Planning, land acquisition, development, rehabilitation, maintenance, equipment, and educational programs related to ATV and/or snowmobile trails and facilities.
PHC PA Sharp Grant: October 1 (Funding Source: Federal Funds)
- PA organizations with a humanities-based mission and organizations conducting humanities programming. - To support the growth and recovery of the humanities in Pennsylvania.
PDE Office for Safe Schools’ Targeted Grants – 2021-22 Equipment Grant: October 1 (Funding Source: General Fund – Safe Schools Initiative)
- A public school district, charter school, cyber charter school, or career and technical center. - Metal detectors; protective lighting; surveillance equipment; special emergency communications equipment including radios; electronic locksets, deadbolts, and theft control devices and training in the use of the security-related technology; and student, staff, and visitor swipe-card identification systems.
PDE Office for Safe Schools’ Targeted Grants – 2021-22 Program Grant: October 1 (Funding Source: General Fund – Safe Schools Initiative)
- A public school district, charter school, cyber charter school, or career and technical center. - To fund programs which address school violence. See guidelines for list of eligible programs.
PDE Office for Safe Schools’ Targeted Grants – 2021-22 School Police Officer: October 1 (Funding Source: General Fund – Safe Schools Initiative)
- A public school district, charter school, cyber charter school, career and technical center, or nonpublic school. - Costs associated with the training and compensation of School Police Officers.
PDE Office for Safe Schools’ Targeted Grants – 2021-22 School Resource Officer – School Entity: October 1 (Funding Source: General Fund – Safe Schools Initiative)
- A public school district, charter school, cyber charter school, or career and technical center. - Costs associated with the training and compensation of School Resource Officers.
PDE Office for Safe Schools’ Targeted Grants – 2021-22 School Resource Officer – Municipality/Police Department: October 1 (Funding Source: General Fund – Safe Schools Initiative)
- Municipalities and police departments. - Costs associated with the training and compensation of School Resource Officers to be placed in school districts and nonpublic schools within the municipality.
Agriculture Farm to School Grant Program: October 1 (Funding Source: General Fund)
- Any school district, charter school, or private school with pre-kindergarten classes, kindergarten, or elementary through fifth grade is eligible to apply– regardless of offering in-person, virtual, or hybrid instruction. - To educate pre-kindergartners through fifth graders and their families about the importance of choosing healthy, locally produced foods through nutrition education in the classroom, field trips, and other activities.
PCCD Innovative Policing Initiatives Grant: October 4 (Funding Source: Federal Funds)
- Municipalities that are identified by the federal Office of Justice Programs as a JAG Under $10K eligible municipality. Eligible municipalities listed in announcement. - To support law enforcement accreditation, policy development, training, technologies to support transparency and information sharing between law enforcement and communities, and innovative strategies to combat crime.
DEP Driving PA Forward – Truck and Bus Fleet Grant Program: October 9 (Funding Source: State Mitigation Trust - Volkswagen Emissions Settlement)
- School districts, municipal authorities, political subdivisions, State agencies, nonprofit entities, corporations, limited liability companies or partnerships incorporated or registered in this Commonwealth, air quality or transportation organizations, and metropolitan or rural planning organizations. - To replace or repower fleets of 6 or more Class 4-8 trucks, port drayage trucks, school buses, shuttle buses, and/or transit buses.
L&I PAsmart Apprenticeship Grants - Building, Supporting, and Expanding Registered Apprenticeship and Pre-Apprenticeship Programs: October 13 (Funding Source: General Fund)
- Organizations that serve as sponsors or intermediaries of registered apprenticeships, including businesses, community-based organizations, economic development organizations, industry associations, labor organizations, local education agencies, local workforce development boards, nonprofit organizations, post-secondary institutions, public libraries, and STEM ecosystems. – To build, support and expand registered Apprenticeship and Pre-Apprenticeship Programs.
L&I PAsmart Apprenticeship Grants - Supporting Registered Apprenticeship and Pre-Apprenticeship through Ambassador Networks : October 13 (Funding Source: General Fund)
- Organizations that serve as sponsors or intermediaries of registered apprenticeships, including businesses, community-based organizations, economic development organizations, industry associations, labor organizations, local education agencies, local workforce development boards, nonprofit organizations, post-secondary institutions, public libraries, and STEM ecosystems. – To support the statewide Apprenticeship Ambassador Network.
CDC and the National Association of County and City Health Officials (NACCHO) Comprehensive Community Approaches Preventing Substance Use: October 13 (Funding Source: Federal Funding)
- The ideal applicant will have a strong partnership with one or more community organizations (e.g., public health, behavioral health providers, school systems, foster care system, healthcare, public safety, first responders or health and human services). - To support the implementation of evidence-based approaches to prevent overdose, substance use disorders (SUD), adverse childhood experiences (ACEs), and other potentially traumatic events in the homes and families of those most at risk of overdose.
PCCD Violence Intervention and Prevention: October 15 (Funding Source: General Fund)
- Community-based organizations (with or without 501c3 status), institutions of higher education, local municipalities, district attorneys, and counties. - To support effective local intervening and preventative measures to stop gun and group violence in areas experiencing high rates of violent crime within Pennsylvania.
OSFC Act 13 Unconventional Gas Well Fund Grant Program: October 15 (Funding Source: Unconventional Gas Well Fund)
- Fire companies, rescue companies and emergency medical services throughout the 40 counties in which unconventional gas wells are located, or counties that directly border those counties. – Training, professional certification or the acquisition of specialized equipment for emergency responses relating to natural gas production from unconventional gas wells.
Agriculture Urban Agricultural Infrastructure Grant Program: October 15 (Funding Source: General Fund)
- An individual, partnership, association, business, or municipal government. - Projects that grow agricultural infrastructure in urban food deserts to improve access to fresh, local food and provide opportunities for hands-on learning, community-building, and for people to become social entrepreneurs. Community gardens are eligible projects.
DEP Coastal Zone Grants: October 18 (Funding Source: Federal Funds)
- Counties, municipalities, county and regional planning agencies, incorporated nonprofit organizations, school districts, intermediate units, universities and colleges, incorporated conservation and educational organizations, conservation districts, port authorities, and public authorities. Projects must be located within the boundaries of the Delaware Estuary Coastal Zone or the Lake Erie Coastal Zone. - To address hazards, wetlands, public access, intergovernmental coordination, ocean resources, and nonpoint pollution. Typical projects range from studies, planning, design, and research to land acquisition and minor construction projects. Activities must take place within the Coastal Zone boundaries of Pennsylvania.
DOH Olweus Bullying Prevention Program: October 18 (Funding Source: Federal Funding)
- 501c3 nonprofit youth organizations. - To implement the Olweus Bullying Prevention Program to promote the reduction of bullying among 12- to 17-year-old youth.
PCCD 2021 Residential Substance Abuse Treatment: October 18 (Funding Source: Federal Funding)
- Counties, County Jails/County Work Release Centers, Single County Authorities, and/or County Behavioral Health Administrators. - Implement or expand Medication Assisted Treatment and Cognitive Behavior Treatment programs to individuals in county jails and work release centers and upon release to the community.
L&I PA Industry Partnership Grant: October 22 (Funding Source: General Fund)
- Local workforce development boards, non-profit and non-governmental entities, community-based organizations, educational and post-secondary educational organizations, labor organizations, business associations, and economic development entities. - To identify workforce, education & training, and economic development needs, coordinate regional teams to support industry needs, identify public and community resources to address industry identified needs and increase collaboration among businesses within a targeted industry sector.
PA Office of Commonwealth Libraries Keystone Grants for Public Library Facilities: October 29 (Funding Source: Keystone Recreation, Park and Conservation Fund)
- Municipalities. - To plan, acquire, construct, or rehabilitate public library facilities including, but not limited to: ADA upgrades, new roof, replacement windows, energy efficient upgrades to HVAC systems, facility expansion and new construction.
PCCD Pennsylvania Academic and Career/Technical Training (PACTT) Grant: October 29 (Funding Source: General Fund)
- This is a non-competitive solicitation that is limited to privately operated residential facilities, community-based providers, and juvenile probation offices that are existing PACTT Affiliates. - To improve services for delinquent youth receiving academic and career/technical training to help them catch up and succeed in school. A goal of the grant is to become a PACTT affiliate, which enables eligibility for future funding.
PennDOT Multimodal Transportation Fund: November 5 (Funding Source: Multimodal Transportation Fund)
- Municipalities, council of governments, business/non-profit organizations, economic development organizations, public transportation agencies, public airports, airport authorities, and ports and rail entities. - To coordinate local land use with transportation assets to enhance existing communities; improve streetscape, lighting, sidewalk facilities, and pedestrian safety; improve connectivity or utilization of existing transportation assets; or advance transit-oriented-development.
PHFA Community Revitalization Fund Program: November 5 (Funding Source: Community Revitalization Fund)
- Units of local government (counties, cities, boroughs, etc.); redevelopment authorities; for-profit firms; non-profit groups; and economic development organizations. - For the development of mixed-use properties in commercial/retail corridors in Pennsylvania that are undergoing revitalization.
DEP Driving PA Forward – Onroad Rebate Program – Trucks and Buses: November 12 (Funding Source: State Mitigation Trust - Volkswagen Emissions Settlement)
- School districts, municipal authorities, political subdivisions, other State agencies, nonprofit entities, corporations, limited liability companies or partnerships incorporated or registered in this Commonwealth, air quality or transportation organizations, and metropolitan or rural planning organizations. - Rebates for projects that replace or repower fleets of 5 or fewer class 4-8 trucks, port drayage trucks, school buses, shuttle buses, and/or transit buses with new clean diesel, electric, natural gas, propane or other alternative fuels vehicles.
PHFA Pennsylvania Housing Affordability and Rehabilitation Enhancement (PHARE) Program: November 19 (Funding Source: PHARE Fund)
- Counties, cities, boroughs, townships, towns, and home rule municipalities; housing, redevelopment, and similar public authorities; economic and community development organizations, housing development corporations and similar development entities; business improvement districts, neighborhood improvement districts, downtown improvement districts and similar organizations incorporated as authorities; homebuilders, contractors, and real estate developers. - 4% tax credit projects, preservation/rehabilitation/renewal projects, rental housing creation, homelessness prevention, innovative housing solutions, homeownership programs, and housing counseling and financial education.
American Library Association: Let's Talk About It - Women's Suffrage: December 1
- A public, tribal, school, academic, or special library. - A scholar-led reading and discussion program.
DEP Alternative Fuels Incentive Grant: December 17 (Funding Source: General Fund)
- School districts, municipal authorities, municipalities, nonprofits, private businesses. - Purchase or retrofit vehicles to operate on alternative fuels, purchase and install refueling equipment, and research or develop new technologies.
DEP 2020 Recycling Performance Grants: December 30 (Funding Source: Environmental Stewardship Fund)
- Any municipality with a recycling program in 2020. - Municipal recycling programs.
DEP Agriculture Energy Efficiency Rebate Program: March 31, 2022 (Funding Source: Federal Funding)
- Pennsylvania agricultural producers. - Rebates for LED lighting (interior or exterior), variable frequency drives for milk vacuum pumps, and variable frequency drives for ventilation fans.
Agriculture Farm Vitality Planning Grants: Until funds are expended. (Funding Source: General Fund)
- Farmers and prospective farmers. - Organic transition planning assistance, as well as professional services to assist with business planning, efficient transitions of farm ownership, strategic farm expansion, product diversification, and financial and technical expertise in order to enhance the long-term vitality of PA farms.
DEP Alternative Fuel Vehicle Rebates: Until funds are expended. (Funding Source: Alternative Fuels Incentive Grants Fund)
- Pennsylvania residents who purchase/lease a new or used alternative fuel vehicle with a purchase price of $50,000 or less. Businesses are not eligible. - To defray costs of purchasing a battery electric vehicle (BEV), hydrogen fuel cell vehicle (HFCV), plug-in hybrid electric vehicle, electric motorcycle, natural gas vehicle, or propane vehicle.
DEP Small Business Advantage Grant Program: Until funds are expended. (Funding Source: Recycling Fund & Hazardous Sites Cleanup Fund)
- Registered Pennsylvania for-profit businesses with 100 or fewer full-time equivalent employees and which are taxed as a for-profit business. - To purchase energy efficient or pollution prevention equipment, or adopt waste reduction processes.
DHS Indoor Air Management Strategies for Long Term Care: Until funds are expended. (Funding Source: American Rescue Plan Act Funds)
- Long term care nursing facilities, assisted living facilities, and personal care homes. - Indoor air management strategies in long-term care facilities aimed at reducing the risk of transmission of and occupant exposure to COVID-19.
PA Governor’s Office of Advocacy and Reform/United Way of PA Local Innovations in Vaccine Equity in Pennsylvania project (LIVE PA): No Deadline Provided (Funding Source: Federal Funding)
- Any faith-based and non-profit organizations with a goal of administering COVID-19 vaccinations, as well as COVID-19 education and outreach. - To host and promote vaccination events. Additional vaccines may also be requested.
DHS American Rescue Plan Act Funding for Long-Term Care Providers: No Deadline Provided (Funding Source: Federal Funding)
- Nursing facilities, personal care homes, and assisted living residences in DHS’ Office of Long-Term Living (OLTL) system. - For COVID-19-related costs.