Summer 2019

(Jun 03, 2019)

Summer 2019 newsletter Read more


Financial fitness forum May 23

(May 11, 2019)

I'm hosting a Financial Literacy event at the Ridley Park Borough Hall on Thursday, May 23. Join us and learn the basics of financial literacy, including credit, buying a home, and more! Please contact my office at 610-534-1002 or at if you have any questions and to RSVP. I hope to see you there! Read more


Apprise health insurance counseling available at district office

(May 11, 2019)

Do you have questions about Medicare, Medicaid or other senior health issues? An Apprise counselor will be in my office the third Wednesday of every month to answer questions and help you to navigate various health plans for senior residents. Call my office for an appointment! Read more


Veterans services available at district office

(May 11, 2019)

A veterans service officer will be at my district office the second Wednesday of every month to help area veterans and their families. Please call the office for an appointment. Read more


Delloso: $1.5 million RACP awarded to Folcroft Borough develop a new municipal complex

(May 02, 2019)

RIDLEY PARK, May 2 – Folcroft Borough will receive $1.5 million in Redevelopment Assistance Capital Program funds to develop a new municipal complex, state Rep. David M. Delloso, D-Delaware, announced today. Delloso strongly recommended the project for state funding support. The project consists of a proposed 10,000-square-foot administration and police department building and 12,000-square-foot community center that will be situated on recreational property currently owned and maintained by Folcroft Borough. The area is close to the borough library and Folcroft fire station. The administration and police building will house a common 420-square-foot lobby to accommodate activities for police business and/or administration and governmental business separately. The 2900 administrative wing will house a 1600-square-foot council chamber, separate conference room, offices for general administration, and licenses and inspections. “I want to thank Governor Wolf for releasing these funds for Folcroft Borough’s municipal complex project,” Ullman said. “It’s critical for state government to help shoulder the fiscal responsibility for municipal projects such as this. These RACP funds will help strengthen Folcroft Borough’s sense of community and make it and the 162 nd district a safer place to live.” The project’s groundbreaking will be in fall 2019. The Redevelopment Assistance Capital Program is a Read more


Have Your Voice Heard in Harrisburg!

(Mar 07, 2019)

It’s important to us to understand what issues matter to you so we can push for legislation that you need. Periodically, I will reach out to you to find out what you think about different issues affecting our community. Click here to take the survey! Read more


Property Tax/Rent Rebate

(Feb 15, 2019)

The rebate program benefits eligible Pennsylvanians age 65 and older; widows and widowers age 50 and older; and people with disabilities age 18 and older. How much are the rebates? The income limit is $35,000 a year for homeowners and $15,000 annually for renters, and half of Social Security income is excluded. Spouses, personal representatives or estates may also file rebate claims on behalf of claimants who lived at least one day in 2017 and meet all other eligibility criteria. The maximum standard rebate is $650, but supplemental rebates for qualifying homeowners can boost rebates to $975. How to apply? My office is here to help you obtain Property Tax/Rent Rebate claim forms (PA-1000) and related information, which can also be done on the Department of Revenue's website or by calling 1-888-222-9190. Read more


REAL ID – whether you need one and how to become pre-verified

(Feb 15, 2019)

WHAT IS REAL ID? A REAL ID is a new, optional form of driver’s license or identification card that PennDOT will issue after verifying certain identification and residency documents provided by you. The REAL ID will become available in March and will resemble a regular driver’s license or identification card, but will have a gold star. DO I NEED ONE? Getting a REAL ID is not mandatory but it may be useful depending on your needs. After card-based enforcement of the REAL ID Act starts Oct. 1, 2020 , you’ll no longer be able to use your regular, state-issued driver’s license or identification card to board commercial airline flights or enter high-security federal facilities such as military bases. Instead, you will either have to use the new REAL ID or rely on your passport, military ID or other form of federally accepted identification. You don’t need a REAL ID to visit regular federal buildings, vote, apply for or receive federal benefits, or gain access to hospitals and health clinics. HOW DO I GET ONE? If you decide you want a REAL ID, you can become pre-verified for one by bringing the required documents to any PennDOT driver’s license center. PennDOT staff will verify and scan the documents to your file. Then, you can simply opt into the program online, and PennDOT will send you your REAL ID by mail once it becomes available in March. (See below for details on our local center.) WHAT DOCUMENTS DO I NEED TO BRING? To Read more


Keystone Scholars Program and PA 529 College Career Savings Program

(Feb 13, 2019)

College tuition is astronomical, so the Commonwealth has ways to help you and your family save for college: The Keystone Scholars Program and the Pennsylvania 529 College Career Savings Program. Through the Keystone Scholars Program , the Pennsylvania Treasury is investing $100 for every baby born or adopted in 2019 to be used for the baby’s future higher education expenses. As part of a demonstration project, babies born in 2018 in Delaware County may also be eligible, but must claim their grant by the child’s first birthday . The Pennsylvania 529 College Career Savings Program , provides a smart, tax advantaged way for families to save for education. The Program offers two plans: the PA 529 Guaranteed Savings Plan (GSP), where growth is tied to the rate of college tuition inflation, and the PA 529 Investment Plan (IP), in which investment returns are determined by financial markets. For more information, call my office at 610-534-1002. Read more


CFA accepting applications through May 31

(Jan 31, 2019)

RIDLEY PARK, Jan. 31 — State Rep. Dave Delloso announced that from Feb. 1 through May 31 the Commonwealth Financing Authority is accepting applications for the programs it administers . CFA board approval of applications is anticipated at its September 2019 meeting. “These state grants help improve quality of life for all by funding improvements throughout the district,” Delloso said. “My staff and I are happy to help entities such as municipalities, communities, businesses and organizations apply for a share of the funding.” CFA is accepting applications for the following programs: Abandoned Mine Drainage Abatement and Treatment Program - Grants are used for abatement of AMD and/or treatment of AMD through treatment facility system construction. Grants may also be awarded for treatment system repair, upgrade or operation and maintenance of existing passive and active treatment systems. Baseline Water Quality Data Program - Grants are used to fund statewide initiatives to establish baseline water quality data on private water supplies. Flood Mitigation Program - Grants are used to fund statewide initiatives to assist with flood mitigation projects. Greenways, Trails, and Recreation Program - Grants are used for planning, acquisition, development, rehabilitation and repair of greenways, recreational trails, open space, parks and beautification projects. Orphan and Abandoned Well Plugging - Read more


Delloso appointed to four House committees

(Jan 29, 2019)

HARRISBURG, Jan. 29 – State Rep. Dave Delloso, D-Delaware, today announced he was appointed to serve on four House committees for the 2019-20 legislative session. The freshman representative will serve on the Finance, Gaming, Liquor Control and Game and Fisheries committees. “I am honored to serve on these committees,” Delloso said. “I will work hard to ensure the residents of Delaware County are well-represented on issues that would affect them.” There are 24 standing committees in the Pennsylvania House of Representatives. The committee system allows legislators to assess and amend legislation and evaluate important issues before bringing bills to the full House for a vote. Delloso represents the 162 nd District in Delaware County. Read more


Delloso to host open house Jan. 31

(Jan 24, 2019)

RIDLEY PARK, Jan. 24 – State Rep. Dave Delloso, D-Delaware, invites residents to his open house from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. Jan. 31 at his district office at 605 E. Chester Pike, Ridley Park, 19078. “I welcome all residents, local leaders and business owners to come by and learn about all that my office can do for them,” Delloso said. “My staff can help them navigate government services to improve their lives and communities. I look forward to meeting and hearing from my constituents directly about the issues that matter the most to them.” Delloso said he and his staff will be available to discuss the ways his office can connect people to state-related programs and services, such as the Property Tax/Rent Rebate Program and the Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program. They will also provide updates and information on how to get a Real ID in Pennsylvania. No RSVP is required. For more information, contact Delloso’ office at (610) 534-1002. Read more


Delloso sets priorities for first term in state House

(Jan 01, 2019)

HARRISBURG, Jan. 1 – During a ceremony at the state Capitol today opening the 203rd legislative session, Rep. Dave Delloso took the oath of office to begin his first term in the Pennsylvania House of Representatives. Delloso’s legislative agenda will focus on enacting the House Democrats’ legislative plan for working families, # Plan4PA , by developing quality schools through a fair funding formula; creating a fair economy by closing the Delaware Loophole, doubling the corporate income tax on all corporations with over $10 million in annual Pennsylvania revenue, and enacting an extraction tax; freezing property taxes on seniors; and bringing good-paying jobs to Pennsylvania. “The residents of the 162 nd have sent me to Harrisburg to fight for quality schools, a fair economy and good jobs. We must make sure that education funding is dispersed in a more equitable way, end tax loopholes, freeze property taxes on seniors, and bring good-paying jobs to Pennsylvania,” Delloso said. Delloso’s constituent service office is up and running at 605 E. Chester Pike, Ridley Park, Pa. 19078. Delloso also invites people to visit his website – – which has links to information on state services and includes a form that allows constituents to email him. He also maintains a legislative Facebook page at and Twitter feed @RepDelloso . Read more


Veterans services

(Dec 01, 2018)

Below are a number of programs and services available to help veterans and their families. Please share this list with any veterans in your life. Veterans Temporary Assistance Temporary help is available for veterans and their beneficiaries who need aid for essentials such as shelter, fuel, clothing and food. If eligible, a veteran or their beneficiary can qualify for up to $1,600 in a 12-month period. The Disabled Veterans Real Estate Tax Exemption Program Any honorably discharged veteran who is 100 percent disabled, a resident of Pennsylvania and has financial need can apply for this program, which provides real estate tax exemption on principal dwellings. Educational Gratuity Program Children of honorably discharged veterans with service-connected disabilities or children of veterans who died in service during a period of war or armed conflict qualify for up to $500 per semester/term to help defray educational costs. Military Family Relief Assistance Program Eligible Pennsylvania service members and their family members who have a direct and immediate financial need as a result of circumstances beyond their control can apply for up to $3,500 in grants. This program is available for active and past service members. Veterans’ Trust Fund Grant Program Grants are available for veterans’ services organizations, non-profit organizations with a mission of serving Pennsylvania veterans, individual eligible counties and the State Read more


Heating aid via LIHEAP now open

(Dec 01, 2018)

The 2018-2019 Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program – LIHEAP – is accepting applications for heating assistance grants. LIHEAP offers cash grants of $200 to $1,000 that are sent directly to the utility company to defray heating costs for eligible households, and crisis benefits of up to $600 for households in immediate danger of being without heat. Remember: These are grants and do not have to be repaid. This season’s income guidelines for both LIHEAP cash and crisis grants are $18,210 for an individual, $24,690 for couples and increases for each additional person in the household. Please click here for more LIHEAP information. Please consider visiting my office if you need help filing a LIHEAP application. Besides my office, LIHEAP information is available by: Contacting local County Assistance offices by phone or in person. Calling the LIHEAP Client Helpline at 1-866-857-7095 or PA Relay at 711 for the hearing impaired. Applying online at . Read more