Burns seeking nominations for annual Charlie Vizzini Volunteerism Award
Award celebrates individual’s outstanding service to their communities
EBENSBURG, June 14 – Continuing his annual tradition of recognizing people who have made significant contributions to their communities through their volunteer work, state Rep. Frank Burns, D-Cambria, is currently seeking nominations for the annual Charlie Vizzini Volunteerism Award.
“Through this award, we’re trying to recognize someone in the district who has volunteered to make the community a better place,” Burns said. “If you know of someone who should be recognized for their selfless efforts to improve the lives of others, please consider submitting a nomination.”
Given to an outstanding volunteer in the 72nd Legislative District, the award was created in honor of Charlie Vizzini, who volunteered more than 8,000 hours in Burns’ legislative office – fielding more than 1,000 constituent service matters and saving taxpayers more than $100,000.
To be eligible, one must:
- Be a resident living within Burns’ 72nd Legislative District.
- Regularly volunteer to make the community a better place to live.
- Be able to verify any stated volunteerism.
Written nominations should include:
- The name and contact information of the person making the nomination, and the name and contact information for the person being nominated.
- An essay of no more than 1,000 words explaining why the person deserves the award and what they have done for their community.
Nominations are due no later than Tuesday, July 20 and should be mailed or delivered to Burns’ Portage office, 112-A Munster Road, Portage, PA 15946.
No nominations will be accepted via email.