House Democratic Policy Committee/PA Legislative Black Caucus to hold second hearing on Police Reform Tuesday in Capitol
HARRISBURG, July 24 –State Rep. Mike Sturla, D-Lancaster, and state Rep. Stephen Kinsey, D-Phila, announced today that the House Democratic Policy Committee and the Pennsylvania Legislative Black Caucus will hold a second hearing on police reform.
Requested by state Rep. Pete Schweyer, D-Lehigh, HDPC Chair Sturla and PLBC Chair Kinsey said this hearing will focus on the Allentown region.
The hearing will be held at 2 p.m. Tuesday, July 28 in Room G-50 Irvis Office Building in Harrisburg. The media and public are urged to watch the livestream at www.pahouse.com/live.
Testifiers will participate remotely while members participate in-person and remotely.
Testifiers will include:
- Chief Glenn Grantiz, Jr., Allentown Police Department
- Justan Parker, founder, Black Lives Matter to the Lehigh Valley
- Maegen Lierena, executive director, Make The Road Pennsylvania
- Nasheera Brown, student, Louise E. Dieruff High School
- Adrian Shanker, founder and executve director, Bradbury-Sullivan LBGT Community Center
Following the hearing, testimonies and full hearing video will be posted at www.pahouse.com/policycommittee.