House Democratic Policy Committee to hold public hearing on COVID-19 Plans for Long-Term Care Facilities Thursday in Capitol
HARRISBURG, July 14 – State Rep. Mike Sturla, D-Lancaster, announced today that the House Democratic Policy Committee will hold a public hearing on COVID-19 Plans for Long-Term Care Facilities as part of Disability Pride Philadelphia’s Virtual PA 2020.
The hearing will be held at 2 p.m. Thursday, July 16 in Room G-50 Irvis Office Building in Harrisburg. The media and public are invited to attend and watch the livestream at www.pahouse.com/live.
The hearing was requested by state Rep. Joe Hohenstein, D-Phila., to explore how the disability community has been impacted by COVID-19 in long-term care facilities Testifiers and members will participate in person and remotely.
Testifiers will include:
- Sarah Boateng, executive deputy secretary, Pennsylvania Department of Health
- Keara Klinepeter, special adviser to the secretary of Health, Pennsylvania Department of Health
- Kristin Ahrens, deputy secretary of the Office of Developmental Programs, Pennsylvania Department of Human Services
- Matt Yarnell, president, SEIU Healthcare PA
- Emma Graham, certified nursing assistant
- Elyse Ford, vice president, District 1199C
- Misty Dixon, chief executive officer, Center for Independent Living of North Central PA
- Justin Bell, nursing home survivor
For more information about the Policy Committee and testimonies, go to www.pahouse.com/policycommittee.