Solomon to host House Democratic Policy Committee roundtable on landlord-tenant issues Thursday in Philadelphia
PHILADELPHIA, Jan. 30 – As part of House Democrats’ Plan4PA and efforts to put people first, state Rep. Jared Solomon, D-Phila., will host a House Democratic Policy Committee roundtable to discuss landlord-tenant issues,
The hearing will be held at 10 a.m. Thursday, Feb. 1 at the Philadelphia Protestant Home, 6401 Martins Mill Road, Philadelphia. The media and public are invited to attend.
Solomon will be joined by policy experts and state legislators, including Policy Committee Chairman Mike Sturla, D-Lancaster, to learn how absentee landlords can be held accountable for maintenance of their properties and how to clarify landlord-tenant relationships to ensure both parties are aware of rights, responsibilities, and obligations.
The current agenda is:
10:00 a.m. Welcome and Opening Remarks
10:10 a.m. Discussion with Panelists:
- Rebecca Corcoran Swanson, planning director, City of Philadelphia Department of Licenses & Inspections
- Phil Lord, executive director, Tenant Union Representative Network
- Christine Young Gertz, director of government affairs, PA Apartment Association-East
- Tom Giles, Board of Directors Member for Diversified Investors Group (DIG) and member of Pennsylvania Residential Owners Association
- George Donnelly, Langer, Grogan & Diver Social Justice Fellow, The Public Interest Law Center
- George Gould, senior attorney, Community Legal Services of Philadelphia
11:50 a.m. Closing Remarks
Visit https://pahouse.com/ for additional information about the Plan4PA and www.pahouse.com/policycommittee for Policy Committee materials.