Sims: $4.5M in Cultural and Museum Preservation grants coming to 182nd District
PHILADELPHIA, Sept. 17 – State Rep. Brian Sims today announced that $4,517,575 in Cultural and Museum Preservation grants were awarded to projects in the 182nd District.
“These museums and historic centers preserve important parts of our history for future generations to learn about all the rich history in Philadelphia and the rest of the commonwealth,” Sims said. “I’m glad these grants have been awarded to help these sites continue educating our community about the important legacies we have to continue.”
Grants were awarded to these groups:
- Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts.
- The College of Physicians of Philadelphia.
- Historical Society of Pennsylvania.
- Academy of Natural Sciences in Philadelphia.
- Philadelphia Orchestra Association.
- Concerto Soloists of Philadelphia.
- Kimmel Center, Inc.
- Pennsylvania Ballet Association.
- Opera Philadelphia.
- Encore Series Inc. d.b.a. The Philly POPS.
- Philadelphia Theatre Company.
- InterAct, Inc.
- Plays & Players.
- The Franklin Institute.
- Mann Center for the Performing Arts.