Driscoll to host Policy roundtable to discuss Pre-K reimbursement rates and early education Friday in Philadelphia
PHILADELPHIA, Jan. 14 – State Rep. Michael J. Driscoll, D-Phila., will host a House Democratic Policy Committee public roundtable discussion on Pre-K reimbursement rates and early education.
The discussion will be held at 10 a.m. Friday, Jan. 17, at SPIN, 10980 Norcom Road, Philadelphia, Pa. 19154. Members of the public and media are invited to attend.
Driscoll requested this roundtable to explore how state funding gaps impact early childhood education programs. He will be joined by fellow state legislators, including HDPC Chairman Mike Sturla, D-Lancaster.
- Tracey Campanini, deputy secretary, Pa. Office of Child Development and Early Learning
- Kathy McHale, president & CEO, SPIN
- Fred Wright, president, AFSCME Local 1739
- Ann O’Brien, CEO, Wonderspring
- Maddy Malis, president & CEO, Federation Early Learning Services
- Donna Cooper, executive director, Public Citizens for Children and Youth
- Tyrone Scott, director of government and external affairs, First Up
This roundtable is among a series being held across the state on House Democrats’ Plan4PA, focused on putting people first by growing good jobs, providing health care access, creating quality schools and providing training for jobs in a fair economy. More information about the plan is available at www.plan4pa.com and hearing materials are at www.pahouse.com/policycommittee.