House Democratic Policy Committee to hold hearing on COVID-19 testing challenges Tuesday in Capitol
HARRISBURG, Aug. 7 – State Rep. Mike Sturla, D-Lancaster, announced today that the House Democratic Policy Committee will hold a public hearing on COVID-19 testing challenges.
The hearing will be held at 2 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 11 in Room G-50 Irvis Office Building in the Capitol Complex. The media and public are invited to watch the livestream at www.pahouse.com/live.
Requested by state Rep. Mike Zabel, D-Delaware, the hearing will examine all aspects of COVID-19 testing and what more needs done. Testifiers and members will participate in person and remotely.
Testifiers will include:
- Sarah Boateng, executive deputy secretary, Pennsylvania Department of Health.
- Dr. Wendy Braund, COVID-19 response director, Pennsylvania Department of Health.
- Dr. Monica Taylor, vice chair, Delaware County Council.
- Zach Shamberg, president and CEO, Pennsylvania Health Care Association.
- Anne Henry, senior vice president and chief government affairs officer, LeadingAge PA.
- Brian O’Neill, executive chairman and founder, GENETWORx, Recovery Centers of America, Testing Centers of America, The Discovery Labs MLP Ventures.
Following the hearing, testimonies and full hearing video will be posted at www.pahouse.com/policycommittee.