House Democratic Policy Committee/PA Legislative Black Caucus to hold fourth hearing on Police Reform Wednesday in Capitol
HARRISBURG, Aug. 17 – State Rep. Mike Sturla, D-Lancaster, and state Rep. Stephen Kinsey, D-Phila, announced today that the House Democratic Policy Committee and the Pennsylvania Legislative Black Caucus will hold a fourth hearing on police reform.
HDPC Chair Sturla and PLBC Chair Kinsey said the hearing will focus on the Pittsburgh region.
The hearing will be held at 2 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 19 in Room G-50 Irvis Office Building in Harrisburg. The media and public are urged to watch the livestream at www.pahouse.com/live.
Testifiers will participate remotely while members participate in-person and remotely.
Testifiers will include:
- Michelle Kenney, mother of Antwon Rose and director of the Antwon Rose II Foundation.
- Jasiri X, co-founder and CEO, 1Hood Media.
- Rose Price, community activist.
- Tameka Hatcher, educational outreach/police training program coordinator, Pennsylvania Human Relations Commission.
- Alphonse Gerhardstein, board member, National Police Accountability Project.
Following the hearing, testimonies and full hearing video will be posted at www.pahouse.com/policycommittee.