COVID-19 support for PA business
Page includes information and links to federal, state, local, and private resources
COVID-19 SUPPORT FOR PA BUSINESSES
- Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) – Loan Program and Forgiveness to help eligible businesses cover the costs of payroll, health care benefits, rent, mortgage interest, and utilities during COVID-19. Loan has a maturity of 2 years and interest rate of 1.0%. Open to small businesses, restaurants, hotels, tribal businesses, non-profits, independent contractors, and gig economy workers. Contact your local lender to see if they participate in this program! Loan period: February 15, 2020 through June 30, 2020. Visit: https://www.sba.gov/funding-programs/loans/paycheck-protection-program-ppp.
- Economic Injury Disaster Loans and Advance Loan – Loans up to $2 million for small businesses (3.75% interest rate) and private, nonprofit organizations (2.75% interest rate) suffering as a result of COVID-19. Loans for fix debts, payroll, accounts payable, and other bills. Advance of up to $10,000 for small business owners experiencing loss of revenue. Loan advance will not have to be repaid! Apply here: https://www.sba.gov/disaster-assistance/coronavirus-covid-19#section-header-1
SBA Express Bridge Loans - Allows small businesses who currently have a relationship with an SBA Express Lender to access up to $25,000 with less paperwork. These loans can help small businesses overcome the temporary loss of revenue they are experiencing – they can be a term loan or used to bridge the gap while applying for a direct SBA Economic Injury Disaster loan. If a small business has an urgent need for cash while waiting for decision and disbursement on Economic Injury Disaster Loan, they may qualify for an SBA Express Disaster Bridge Loan. Find an Express Bridge Loan Lender by connecting with your local SBA District Office. Program Guide available here: https://www.sba.gov/sites/default/files/2020-03/Express-Bridge-Loan-Pilot-Program-Guide-FINAL-3.25.20.pdf
PA Department of Community & Economic Development (DCED) - Questions and concerns about your business during the COVID-19 crisis?
- Visit: https://dced.pa.gov/resources/ for COVID-19 resources for businesses.
- Email: email@example.com with your name, business, contact information, and concern, and someone from DCED will contact you.
- Call: 1-866-466-3972 for customer service.
COVID-19 Working Capital Access (CWCA) Loan Program – CURRENTLY CLOSED – Zero interest loans up to $100,000 for eligible small businesses with 100 or fewer full-time employees. Apply through local Certified Economic Development Organization. Details available at the following link: https://dced.pa.gov/programs/covid-19-working-capital-access-program-cwca/ You can also call 717-783-5046 with questions.
Pennsylvania Manufacturing Call to Action Portal - online portal providing businesses and manufacturers that are currently producing or have the ability to produce COVID-19 related supplies to submit their information. Portal link: https://spportal.dot.pa.gov/ppeinventory/pages/mschain.aspx.
County Certified Economic Development Organizations (CEDOs) – These accredited organizations work with DCED to oversee and administer various programs supporting PA businesses. They can help you with loans and the application process.
- Visit: https://dced.pa.gov/cedo/ for contact information for each county’s CEDO.
Partnerships for Regional Economic Performance (PREP) – Local and regional business assistance partners providing advice and resources through one-on-one counseling and action plans for resolving challenges.
Visit: https://dced.pa.gov/local-business-assistance/ for your region’s contact information.
Private banks and credit unions, with whom you have already established a relationship may be helpful. If you already have a loan or line of credit, speak with the bank to learn if you can renegotiate the terms of the loan, or ask for a line of credit.