Women’s Expo planned by Probst, Madden for June 24
HARRISBURG, June 8 – State Reps. Tarah Probst and Maureen Madden invite area women to discover all of the opportunities that are available to them and their families from local organizations at their upcoming Women’s Expo.
The free event will take place from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. June 24 at the Stroudsburg High School Cafeteria, 1100 W. Main St., Stroudsburg. No RSVP is required to attend.
“We will have information on programs that can help everyone in Monroe and Pike counties, and it will be a wonderful opportunity for people to learn so much in one location,” said Probst, D-Monroe/Pike.
“I am excited to join with my new House colleague Tarah Probst in offering this year’s Women’s Expo. It has been remarkably successful in the past and I am sure this year’s edition will continue to provide valuable insight and material for all who attend,” said Madden, D-Monroe.
In addition to information from more than 40 organizations offering health programs, children and youth services, housing, financial expertise, nutrition, exercise, beauty and more, attendees will have access to a mobile mammography bus, Narcan giveaways, wildlife exhibit, a program on owning a small business and health screenings.
Government-related participants include:
- Carbon-Monroe-Pike Drug and Alcohol Commission.
- Carbon-Monroe-Pike Mental Health and Developmental Services.
- Eastern Monroe Public Library.
- Monroe County Area Agency on Aging.
- Pennsylvania Department of Health.
- Pennsylvania Department of Military and Veterans Affairs Mobile Veterans Outreach Van.
- Pennsylvania Higher Education Assistance Agency.
- Pocono Environmental Education Center.