Rep. Madden announces changes to district office operations effective March 13
MONROE, March 12 – State Rep. Maureen Madden D-Monroe, is alerting residents that her district offices will close to the public and operations will be by phone, mail and email only starting Friday, March 13 to reduce the potential spread of COVID-19 and for the safety of the public.
Madden said constituents can email her at RepMadden@pahouse.net.
“My office will be closed starting tomorrow and we will reassess the situation as warranted,” Madden said. “We have access to voicemail, and we will be responding to messages and email.”
Madden’s phone numbers are: (570) 420-2850 in the Stroudsburg Office.
(570) 894-7905 in the Tobyhanna Office.
Residents are also advised to take precautions to protect themselves from COVID-19, such as the following:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds (time to sing Happy Birthday song twice).
- Cover coughs or sneezes with your elbow or use a tissue. Do not use your hands.
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not readily available.
- Clean surfaces frequently, including countertops, light switches, cell phones, remotes, door handles, stair rails and other frequently touched items.
- Avoid touching your hands to your face, eyes, nose and mouth.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or disinfectant wipe.
- If you are sick, it is safer to stay home until you are feeling better, and if you are concerned with symptoms or contact, check with your primary care provider.
Madden also recommends everyone follow the PA Department of Health’s website for the latest information on COVID-19.