Daley announces $120K in funding for local first responders
HARRISBURG, Jan. 29 – State Rep. Mary Jo Daley, D-Montgomery, announced a total of $120,230 in state grants awarded to nine different fire and EMS companies that serve the 148th Legislative District.
Through the Fire Company and Emergency Medical Service Grant Program, first responders can use the funding for construction or renovation of facilities and fixtures, maintenance and improvements for service capabilities, purchase or repair of equipment, and purchase of fuel for company vehicles, plus training and education.
“Funding in support of our local first responders is critical to the well-being of our entire community,” Daley said. “This helps ensure that the men and women who keep us safe can do so with greater efficiency and with their own safety better secured. Thank you to all who helped secure these grants.”
Funding will go to the following companies:
- Barren Hill Volunteer Fire Co.: $14,111.
- Conshohocken Fire Co. No. 2: $13,289.
- Gladwyne Fire Co.: $14,248.
- Harmonville Fire Co.: $14,248.
- Narberth Fire Co.: $13,700.
- Plymouth Fire Co.: $14,248.
- Spring Mill Fire Co.: $13,492.
- Whitemarsh Community Ambulance Association: $9,192.
- Wissahickon Fire Co.: $13,700.