State Grant Programs Now Open for Applications
Rep. Malcolm Kenyatta December 21, 2020 | 2:29 PM
STATE GRANT PROGRAMS NOW OPEN FOR APPLICATIONS:
Pennsylvania Department of Military and Veterans Affairs: Veterans’ Trust Fund Grant Program (Source of Funding: Veterans’ Trust Fund)
Who May Apply: 501(c)(3) nonprofits with a mission of serving veterans, 501(c)(19) veteran service organizations, and county directors of veterans affairs.
Use: Up to $150,000 in grant funding is available for new, innovative or expanded programs or services operated by the county directors of veterans’ affairs or the Pennsylvania Association of County Directors of Veterans Affairs. The areas of emphasis for applicants in this category are veterans’ outreach and veterans’ court programs. Up to $650,000 in grant funding is available to veteran service organizations and non-profit organizations with a mission of serving Pennsylvania veterans. Funding priorities for applicants in this category are homelessness, behavioral health initiatives and veterans’ courts.
Funds: A total of $800,000 will be awarded statewide.
Application Deadline: January 27, 2021 at 2 p.m.
More Information: Click on https://www.dmva.pa.gov/veteransaffairs/Pages/Programs%20and%20Services/Veterans%27%20Trust%20Fund/VeteransTrustFundGrantProgram.aspx.
UPCOMING APPLICATION DEADLINES:
DEP Driving PA Forward Onroad Rebate Program – Trucks and Buses: December 31 (Funding Source: State Mitigation Trust - Volkswagen Emissions Settlement)
- School districts, municipal authorities, political subdivisions, nonprofits, corporations, air quality or transportation organizations, and others. – Rebates for projects that replace or repower fleets of 5 or fewer class 4-8 trucks, port drayage trucks, school buses, shuttle buses, and/or transit buses with new diesel, electric, or alternative fuels.
DEP 2020 DC Fast Charging and Hydrogen Fueling Grant Program: February 26, 2021 (Funding Source: State Mitigation Trust-Volkswagen emissions settlement)
- Businesses, Incorporated Nonprofits, State, Local, or Tribal Government Agencies, Air Quality or Transportation Organizations, Metropolitan or Rural/Regional Transportation Planning Organizations, and Federal Government Agencies. - Purchase, installation, and operation of publicly accessible DCFC or HFCF at locations proposed by program applicants.
PHMC Keystone Historic Preservation Planning Grant Program: March 1, 2021 (Funding Source: Keystone Recreation, Park, and Conservation Fund)
- Local governments, historic preservation organizations, historical societies, conservancies, colleges and universities, religious institutions, museums, and other historical organizations. Historic property must be publicly accessible and listed in, or documented as eligible for listing in, the National Register of Historic Places. Private property owners and businesses are not eligible. - Cultural resource surveys, to prepare nominations to the National Register of Historic Places for resources already determined eligible, archaeology activities, and for preservation plans, feasibility studies, and other predevelopment planning.
PHMC Keystone Historic Preservation Construction Grant Program: March 1, 2021 (Funding Source: Keystone Recreation, Park, and Conservation Fund)
- Local governments, historic preservation organizations, historical societies, conservancies, colleges and universities, religious institutions, museums, and other historical organizations. Historic property must be publicly accessible and listed in, or documented as eligible for listing in, the National Register of Historic Places. - For preservation, rehabilitation, or restoration of historic properties.
DEP Agricultural Plan Reimbursement Program: April 1, 2021 (Funding Source: Environmental Stewardship Fund)
- Agricultural operators/landowners in the Chesapeake Bay Watershed (43 counties). - To hire a technical expert to develop plans for manure management, nutrient management, or erosion and sediment control.