Innamorato to hold virtual House Democratic Policy Committee hearing on radioactive and hazardous waste loopholes Wednesday
PITTSBURGH, Oct. 9 – State Rep. Sara Innamorato, D-Allegheny, announced today that she will co-chair a House Democratic Policy Committee virtual public hearing on radioactive and hazardous waste loopholes.
The hearing will be held at 2 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 14 via www.pahouse.com/live. The media and public are invited to watch this livestream.
Requested by Innamorato, the hearing will feature testimony from state officials and policy experts about the impact of radioactive and hazardous waste loopholes on communities, worker safety and public health. She will be joined by HDPC Chair Mike Sturla, D-Lancaster, and other committee members.
Testifiers will include:
- Rebecca Franz, chief deputy attorney general for Environmental Crimes Section, Office of Pennsylvania Attorney General.
- Dr. John Stolz, director, Duquesne University’s Center for Environmental Research and Education.
- Melissa Troutman, research and policy analyst, Earthworks.
- Justin Nobel, investigative journalist.
- Veronica Coptis, executive director, Center for Coalfield Justice.
- Dr. Marsha Haley, radiation oncologist, Physicians for Social Responsibility.
- Lois Bauer-Bjornson, outreach coordinator, Clean Air Council.
- Industry workers.
Following the hearing, testimonies and full hearing video will be posted at www.pahouse.com/policycommittee.