House Democratic Policy Committee to hold virtual hearing Friday on legal aid for tenants facing eviction
HARRISBURG, Oct. 6 – State Rep. Mike Sturla, D-Lancaster, announced today that the House Democratic Policy Committee will hold a public hearing on legal aid for tenants facing evictions.
The hearing will be held at 10 a.m. Friday, Oct. 9. The media and public can watch the livestream at www.pahouse.com/live.
Requested by state Reps. Malcolm Kenyatta, D-Phila; Morgan Cephas, D-Phila.; and Sara Innamorato, D-Allegheny; the hearing will collect testimony from policy experts as they work on legislation to provide legal aid for tenants. Testifiers and legislators will speak remotely.
Testifiers will include:
- Patrick Cicero, executive director, Pennsylvania Legal Aid Network.
- John Pollock, staff attorney, Public Justice Center.
- Sam Chenkin, founder, Reclaim The Sector.
- Rasheedah Phillips, managing attorney of housing policy, Community Legal Services Inc.
- Bob Damewood, staff attorney, Regional Housing Legal Services.
- Kevin Quisenberry, legislative director, Community Justice Project.
- A. Michael Snyder, chancellor, Philadelphia Bar Association.
- Catherine Carr, civil gideon and access to justice task force co-chair, Philadelphia Bar Association.
Following the hearing, testimonies and full hearing video will be posted at www.pahouse.com/policycommittee.