Retirement security to be focus of Democratic Policy Committee hearing Thursday in Harrisburg
HARRISBURG, June 2 – House Democratic Policy Committee Chairman Mike Sturla, D-Lancaster, announced today that the committee will hold a public hearing about a national perspective of retirement security from 1:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. Thursday, June 4 in the House Minority Caucus Room, 418 Main Capitol Building, Harrisburg.
State Rep. Joe Markosek, D-Allegheny, Democratic chairman of the House Appropriations Committee, will co-chair the hearing as attendees hear from national experts on pension changes, income inequalities and retirement security.
The current hearing agenda is:
- 1:30 p.m. Welcome and Opening Remarks
- 1:40 p.m. Diane Oakley, executive director, National Institute on Retirement Security
- 2:10 p.m. Hank Kim, executive director and counsel, National Conference on Public Employee Retirement Systems
- 2:30 p.m. Cathie Eitelberg, senior vice president and national public sector market director, The Segal Group
- 2:50 p.m. Leigh Snell, director of federal relations, National Council on Teacher Retirement
- 3:10 p.m. Monique Morrissey, economist, Economic Policy Institute
- 3:30 p.m. Closing Remarks
The hearing is open to the public and media coverage is invited.