Hill-Evans to host Policy Committee hearing on childhood mental health Thursday in York
YORK, March 26 – State Rep. Carol Hill-Evans, D-York, is hosting a House Democratic Policy Committee public hearing to address childhood mental health and the lifelong impact these issues have on children.
The hearing will be held at 10 a.m. Thursday, March 28 at the York College Center for Community Engagement, 59 East Market St. in York. The media and public are invited to attend.
Hill-Evans will be joined by state legislators from across the state, including Policy Committee Chairman Mike Sturla, D-Lancaster.
The current agenda is:
10:00 a.m. Welcome and opening remarks
10:10 a.m. Matt Bahn, member, Oasis House
10:20 a.m. Panel from School District of the City of York
· Dr. Linda Brown, assistant superintendent of special education
· Laura Bloss, special education social worker
· Dr. Kristin Shillingsford, occupational therapist
· Paul Andriukaitis, special education social worker
· Victoria Valdez, special education social worker
· Angie Wetzel, speech therapist
11:00 a.m. Panel Two:
· Dr. Michelle Merkle, education consultant
· Dr. Adrienne Johnson, family medicine specialist, Security Family Medicine
· Aly Cunningham, technology integrator, York Suburban School District
11:40 a.m. Closing Remarks
The meeting is one in a series held across the state on House Democrats’ Plan4PA, focused on putting people first by growing good jobs, providing health care access, creating quality schools, and providing training for jobs in a fair economy. Additional information about the plan is available at www.plan4pa.com.
For more information about the Policy Committee, go to www.pahouse.com/policycommittee.