Hill-Evans to host Policy Committee hearing on apprenticeship programs Thursday in York
YORK, Jan. 28 – State Rep. Carol Hill-Evans, D-York, will host a House Democratic Policy Committee public hearing to discuss the importance of apprenticeship program, partnerships with career technical education and workforce development.
The hearing will be held at 10 a.m. Thursday, Jan. 31 at the Edgar Fahs Smith STEAM Academy, 701 Texas Ave., York. The media and public are invited to attend.
Hill-Evans will be joined by state legislators from across the state, including Policy Committee Chairman Mike Sturla, D-Lancaster.
The current agenda is:
10 a.m. Welcome and Opening Remarks
10:10 a.m. Panel One:
- Eric Ramsey, director of the Apprenticeship and Training Office, Pennsylvania Department of Labor & Industry
- Kevin Schreiber, president/CEO, York County Economic Alliance
- John Lloyd, president/CEO, MANTEC
- Tom Palisin, executive director, The Manufacturers’ Association
10:50 a.m. Panel Two:
- Scott Rogers, assistant director, York County School of Technology
- Kevin Appnel, executive director, York County Alliance for Learning
- Victor Rodgers, Associate Provost for Workforce Development, Harrisburg Area Community College
- Kat Arnold, Served Drafting Apprenticeship
11:30 a.m. Closing Remarks
The meeting is one in a series held across the state on House Democrats’ Plan4PA, focused on putting people first, good jobs, healthcare access, quality schools and jobs training, and a fair economy. Additional information about the plan is available at www.plan4pa.com.
For more information about the Policy Committee, go to www.pahouse.com/policycommittee.