Harkins: Nearly $365,000 to resurface multiple Lawrence Township roads
ERIE, Nov. 12 – Multiple streets in Lawrence Park Township will be getting a major facelift, thanks to a $363,800 grant from the Commonwealth Financing Authority, state Rep. Pat Harkins, D-Erie, announced today.
“Rehabilitating Lawrence Park’s deteriorating roads is vitally important to the township’s residents, who deserve the safest, smoothest commute possible,” Harkins said. “With the funding announced today, the township can move forward with repaving aging, inadequate roads and replacing existing sidewalk ramps with ADA-compliant ones to ensure safe access for all pedestrians.”
Harkins said the funding – provided by the CFA Multimodal Transportation Fund – will fund repaving of the following roads:
- Priestley Avenue from Field to Bell.
- Field Street from Priestley to Rankine.
- Emmet Street from Rankine to Silliman.
- Morse Street from Silliman to about 200 feet past Smithson.
- Smithson Avenue from Main to Iroquois.
- Rankine Avenue from Field to Main.
- Rankine Avenue Iroquois to East Lake Road.
- Lasalle Avenue from Frontenac to Vandalia.
- Vandalia Avenue from Putnam to Lake Cliff.
- Putnam Drive from Lake Cliff to Vandalia.
- Nobel Avenue from Iroquois to East Lake.
- Cunningham Drive from Emmet to East Lake Road.
The township is requesting a waiver to the local match requirement. The total project cost is $515,713.
The CFA provides funding for projects focused on development, water quality, energy infrastructure and more.
More information about the CFA is available at the agency’s website.