Now open for applications: Broadband and community project funding opportunities
STATE PROGRAMS NOW OPEN FOR APPLICATIONS:
Commonwealth Financing Authority: Unserved High-Speed Broadband Funding Program (Funding Source: General Fund)
Who May Apply: Any nongovernmental entity with the technical, managerial, and financial expertise to design, build and operate a high-speed broadband service infrastructure within Pennsylvania.
Use: Acquisition, construction, equipment, and site preparation costs associated with the deployment of high-speed broadband infrastructure to unserved areas, which are geographic areas in which households or businesses do not have access to at least 25 megabits per second downstream speeds and 3 megabits per second upstream speeds.
Funds: Grants up to $1 million or 75% of the total project costs, whichever is less. Applicant must commit its own private capital to fund at least 25% of the total project cost. Funding from other federal, state or local government grants or other subsidies can be used to finance the project but will not be considered to be part of the private capital requirement.
Application Deadline: September 24
More Information: Click on https://dced.pa.gov/programs/unserved-high-speed-broadband-funding-program-uhsb/.
OTHER PROGRAMS NOW OPEN FOR APPLICATIONS:
Keep Pennsylvania Beautiful/The GIANT Company: 2021 Healing the Planet Grant Program (Funding Source: Private Funds)
Who May Apply: Any tax-exempt organization, including nonprofit organizations, conservation districts, schools, churches, and local and county governments, in the following counties where GIANT stores are located: Adams, Berks, Blair, Bucks, Carbon, Centre, Chester, Clearfield, Columbia, Cumberland, Dauphin, Delaware, Fayette, Franklin, Fulton, Huntingdon, Indiana, Lackawanna, Lancaster, Lebanon, Lehigh, Luzerne, Lycoming, Mifflin, Monroe, Montgomery, Montour, Northampton, Perry, Philadelphia, Schuylkill, Snyder, Union and York counties.
Use: Eligible projects will connect people and families with community green spaces and could include park improvements, park builds, watershed restoration, recycling infrastructure and related programs, beautification and greening, community gardens, vacant lot restoration, outdoor classrooms and tree plantings.
Funds: Applications will be accepted for $2,500, $5,000, $10,000, $15,000 and $25,000.
Application Deadline: June 30
More Information: Click on https://www.keeppabeautiful.org/grants-awards/healing-the-planet/.
UPCOMING APPLICATION DEADLINES:
PA Office of Commonwealth Libraries - Keystone Grants for Public Library Facilities: Letter of Intent As Soon As Possible (Funding Source: Keystone Recreation, Park and Conservation Fund)
- Local public libraries (state-aided). – To plan, acquire, construct, or rehabilitate public library facilities.
Pennsylvania Department of Human Services - Solicitation RFA 16-21 Mental Health & Substance Use Disorder Intervention: June 3 (Funding Source: General Fund)
- Nonprofit organizations that provide prevention, intervention, and treatment services to Pennsylvania residents, and their families, with mental health, substance use, and/or behavioral health needs. - Prevention, intervention, and treatment services to support individuals with lived experience, as well as their families.
PCCD 2021 County Jail-Based Medication Assisted Treatment: June 15 (Funding Source: Federal State Opioid Response Grant)
- Counties on behalf of county jails and work release centers. – To establish or expand a jail-based substance abuse treatment program that supports individuals transitioning from a county jail and/or work release center to the community.
PCCD 2021 Drug Court and Pretrial Diversion Initiative: June 15 (Funding Source: Federal State Opioid Response Grant)
- County court systems. - The expansion of existing drug courts, implementation of juvenile drug courts, or implementation of pretrial initiatives and/or provide opioid-related treatment services to problem-solving court participants.
DEP Growing Greener Plus Grants: June 25 (Funding Source: Environmental Stewardship Fund)
- Counties, municipalities, municipal authorities, county conservation districts, watershed organizations, councils of government, educational institutions, and nonprofits. - To address nonpoint source pollution (pollution coming from multiple sources, instead of a single discharge point) through local, watershed, or statewide planning, restoration and protection efforts.
DEP Section 319 Nonpoint Source Management Watershed Grants: June 25 (Funding Source: Federal Funding – US EPA)
- Watershed associations, counties, municipalities, municipal authorities, councils of government, conservation districts, educational institutions, and nonprofits. - Projects to address nonpoint source pollution (pollution coming from multiple sources, instead of a single discharge point) originating from agricultural activities, abandoned mine drainage, stormwater runoff, and streambank and degradation.
DEP 2020 Host Municipality Inspector Program: June 30 (Funding Source: Recycling Fund and Hazardous Sites Cleanup Fund)
- Municipalities. - For salary and expenses of up to two certified Host Municipality Inspectors.
PCCD FY 2021 Gun Violence Reduction Grants: June 30 (Funding Source: General Fund)
- Community-based organizations and local units of government across the Commonwealth with the highest rates of gun violence. – Gun violence reduction.
PA Environmental Council - PA Water Trails Mini-Grants: July 2 (Funding Source: Environmental Stewardship Fund)
- Nonprofit organizations, municipalities, counties, and educational institutions. - Any project on or for a designated PA Water Trail.
U.S. Department of Justice OVC FY 2021 Fostering Resilience and Hope - Bridging the Gap Between Law Enforcement and the Community: July 6 (Funding Source: Federal Funding)
- Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized); Private institutions of higher education; County governments; Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS; Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS; Municipalities; State governments; Public and State controlled institutions of higher education. – To address trauma experienced by law enforcement and build trust with the communities they serve.
DCNR Wild Resource Conservation Program: July 16 (Funding Source: Wild Resources Conservation Fund)
- Counties, municipalities, educational institutions, 501(3) (c) nonprofits, conservation districts, municipal authorities, individuals, state government agencies and for-profit businesses. - Field research and on-the-ground conservation projects that protect Pennsylvania’s non-game animals, native plants and their habitat.
CFA Multimodal Transportation Fund: July 31 (Funding Source: Multimodal Transportation Fund)
- Municipalities, school districts, private businesses, nonprofits, economic development organizations, public transportation agencies, railroad operators, port terminal operators. - Development, rehabilitation, and enhancement of transportation assets to existing communities; streetscape; lighting; sidewalk enhancement; pedestrian safety; connectivity of transportation assets; and transit-oriented development.
Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission - Boating Infrastructure Grant Program: July 31 (Funding Source: Federal Funding)
- Public and private operators of open-to-the-public boating facilities, including municipal agencies (cities, towns, counties, etc.), state agencies (State Parks, DNR, Fish & Wildlife, etc.), and other government entities. - The construction, renovation and maintenance of transient moorage (tie-up) facilities serving recreational motorboats 26 feet and longer.
PHMC Historical & Archival Records Care grant program: August 1 (Funding Source: Keystone Recreation, Park & Conservation Fund)
- Historical societies, libraries, museums, nonprofit organizations, colleges and universities, local governments, school districts. - Surveying, inventorying, preserving, arranging and describing historical records relevant to Pennsylvania.
DEP Section 902 Recycling Implementation Grant: September 24 (Funding Source: Recycling Fund)
- Counties, cities, boroughs, incorporated towns, townships, home rule municipalities, councils of governments, consortiums or similar entities established by two or more municipalities. - To fund costs associated with developing and implementing a recycling program.
DEP 2020 Recycling Performance Grants: December 30 (Funding Source: Environmental Stewardship Fund)
- Any municipality with a recycling program in 2020. - Municipal recycling programs.
PA Humanities Council/Community Heart and Soul - Community Heart & Soul Seed Grant Program: Until Funds Expended
- Resident-led groups in small cities and towns with populations of 2,500 to 30,000. - Startup funding to implement the Community Heart & Soul model.
U.S. Small Business Administration: Shuttered Venue Operators Grant: Until Funds Expended
- Live venue operators or promoters; theatrical producers; live performing arts organization operators; museum operators; motion picture theater operators (including owners); talent representatives. - Payroll costs; rent payments; utility payments; scheduled mortgage payments; scheduled debt payments; worker protection expenditures; payments to independent contractors; administrative costs (including fees and licensing); state and local taxes and fees; operating leases in effect as of February 15, 2020; insurance payments; advertising, production transportation, and capital expenditures related to producing a theatrical or live performing arts production. (May not be primary use of funds).