GRANT MEMO: Youth Agriculture, Urban Agriculture, and Watershed Cooperative Funding Opportunities
Rep. David M. Delloso August 31, 2022 | 12:04 PM
STATE PROGRAMS NOW OPEN FOR APPLICATIONS:
Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture: ?Urban Agriculture Infrastructure Grant Program (Funding Source: General Fund)
Who May Apply: An individual, partnership, association, firm, corporation, cooperatives or any other legal entity.
Use: To support projects that grow agricultural infrastructure in urban food deserts to improve access to fresh, local food and provide opportunities for hands-on learning, community-building, and for people to become social entrepreneurs. Community gardens are eligible projects.
Funds: $2,500 micro grants or up to $50,000 for collaboration grants.
Application Deadline: September 16, 2022
More Information: Click on https://www.agriculture.pa.gov/Funding/Farmbill/Pages/Urban-Ag-Grant.aspx.
Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture: ?Very Small Meat and Poultry Processor Reimbursement Grant Program (Funding Source: Federal Funding)
Who May Apply: An individual, partnership, association, firm, corporation or any other legal entity.
Use: To support the development and expansion of current or future very small meat and poultry processing operations.
Funds: Grants are limited to no more than $100,000 per applicant.
Application Deadline: September 26, 2022
More Information: Click on https://www.agriculture.pa.gov/Funding/Farmbill/Pages/Very-Small-Meat-Processor-Grant.aspx.
Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture: ?Agriculture and Youth Grant Program (Funding Source: General Fund)
Who May Apply: Agriculture and youth organizations.
Use: To help fund projects, programs and equipment purchases conducted or made by an organization composed mainly of youth, or an organization with programs that benefit youth, and organized to promote development in the areas of agriculture, community leadership, vocational training and peer fellowship.
Funds: Direct, non-matching reimbursement grants of up to $7,500 to defray costs of an eligible project, other than a capital project; Matching reimbursement grants of up to $25,000 to defray the costs of an eligible capital project or equipment purchase, where the grant covers no more than 50% of the project cost.
Application Deadline: September 30, 2022
More Information: Click on https://www.agriculture.pa.gov/Funding/Farmbill/Pages/Ag-Youth-Grants.aspx.
FEDERAL PROGRAMS NOW OPEN FOR APPLICATIONS:
U.S. Department of the Interior: Watershed Cooperative Agreement Program Grant (Funding Source: Federal Funding)
Who May Apply: Non-profits.
Use: To undertake acid mine drainage reclamation projects.
Funds: Awards up to $100,000.
Application Deadline: September 20, 2022
More Information: Click on https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=342560.
UPCOMING APPLICATION DEADLINES:
PennDOT Rail Freight Assistance Program: September 2, 2022 (Funding Source: Multimodal Transportation Fund)
- Freight railroads, freight railroad-served shippers, and economic development entities. - To support investment in rail freight infrastructure.
PennDOT Rail Transportation Assistance Program: September 2, 2022 (Funding Source: General Obligation Debt)
- Freight railroads, freight railroad-served shippers, and economic development entities who have a line item in a Capital Budget Act. - To support investment in rail freight infrastructure.
DEP Electric Cargo Handling Grant Program: September 23, 2022 (Funding Source: Volkswagen Settlement Funding)
- Businesses, Incorporated Nonprofits, State, Local, or Tribal Government Agencies, Air Quality or Transportation Organizations, Metropolitan or Rural/Regional Transportation Planning Organizations, and Federal Government Agencies. - To improve the Commonwealth’s air quality by reducing NOX emissions from diesel-powered forklifts, airport ground support equipment (GSE), and port cargo handling equipment by replacing them with all-electric equipment.
CFA Luzerne Local Share Account: September 30, 2022 (Funding Source: Luzerne Local Share Account)
- All Luzerne County municipalities, the Luzerne County Redevelopment Authority, and multi-municipal applications - To support projects that improve the quality of life of citizens in the community.
CFA Monroe Local Share Account: September 30, 2022 (Funding Source: Monroe Local Share Account)
- Any municipality in Monroe County, as well as those counties and municipalities contiguous to Monroe County. Economic development and redevelopment authorities in Monroe County and the contiguous counties (Carbon, Lackawanna, Northampton, Pike, and Wayne) - To support projects that improve the quality of life of citizens in the community.
CFA Northampton and Lehigh Local Share Account: September 30, 2022 (Funding Source: Northampton & Lehigh Local Share Account)
- Municipalities, counties, economic development agencies and redevelopment authorities in Northampton and Lehigh counties. - To support projects that improve the quality of life of citizens in the community.
U.S. HUD Continuum of Care Supplemental to Address Unsheltered and Rural Homelessness: October 20, 2022 (Funding Source: Federal Funding)
- Nonprofit providers, states, and local governments. - To quickly rehouse homeless individuals, families, persons fleeing or attempting to flee domestic violence, dating violence, sexual assault, or stalking, and youth while minimizing the trauma and dislocation caused by homelessness; to promote access to and effective utilization of mainstream programs by homeless individuals and families; and to optimize self-sufficiency among those experiencing homelessness.
DEP Environmental Education Grants: December 9, 2022 (Funding Source: Environmental Education Fund)
- Schools, colleges, nonprofit community and environmental organizations, county conservation districts, and businesses. - To provide opportunities to expand the public’s understanding of Pennsylvania’s environmental issues and develop skills required to make informed decisions and take responsible action on behalf of the environment.
DEP Alternative Fuels Incentive Grant: December 16, 2022 (Funding Source: General Fund)
- School districts, municipalities, nonprofit organizations, and businesses in Pennsylvania. - To assist in a transition to cleaner fuel transportation.
DHS Home and Community-Based Services (HCBS) Quality Improvement Program: December 31, 2022 or until funds are expended (Funding Source: Federal Funding)
- An entity enrolled with the Department’s OLTL as a Medical Assistance provider type 59 and have a signed OLTL-HCBS Waiver Agreement and be actively rendering services to participants in the CHC or OBRA waiver programs or both as of the date of May 1, 2022. - To help HCBS providers implement projects to improve the quality of services provided to individuals in the CHC and the OBRA waiver programs.
DDAP/DCED Pennsylvania’s Recovery Housing Program: Until funds are expended. (Funding Source: Federal Funding)
- Any entity registered with the Pennsylvania Department of State which is able to provide recovery housing for individuals recovering from substance use disorder (SUD). - To provide safe housing for individuals in recovery from a substance use disorder (SUD).
Agriculture Farm Vitality Planning Grants: Until funds are expended. (Funding Source: General Fund)
- Farmers and prospective farmers. - Organic transition planning assistance, as well as professional services to assist with business planning, efficient transitions of farm ownership, strategic farm expansion, product diversification, and financial and technical expertise in order to enhance the long-term vitality of PA farms.
DEP Alternative Fuel Vehicle Rebates: Until funds are expended. (Funding Source: Alternative Fuels Incentive Grants Fund)
- Pennsylvania residents who purchase/lease a new or used alternative fuel vehicle with a purchase price of $50,000 or less. Businesses are not eligible. - To defray costs of purchasing a battery electric vehicle (BEV), hydrogen fuel cell vehicle (HFCV), plug-in hybrid electric vehicle, electric motorcycle, natural gas vehicle, or propane vehicle.
DEP Small Business Advantage Grant Program: Until funds are expended. (Funding Source: Recycling Fund & Hazardous Sites Cleanup Fund)
- Registered Pennsylvania for-profit businesses with 100 or fewer full-time equivalent employees and which are taxed as a for-profit business. - To purchase energy efficient or pollution prevention equipment or adopt waste reduction processes.
DHS Indoor Air Management Strategies for Long Term Care: Until funds are expended. (Funding Source: American Rescue Plan Act Funds)
- Long term care nursing facilities, assisted living facilities, and personal care homes. - Indoor air management strategies in long-term care facilities aimed at reducing the risk of transmission of and occupant exposure to COVID-19.
Pennsylvania Council on the Arts Statewide Creative Catalyst Grants: Until funds are expended. (Funding Source: General Fund)
- Nonprofit, tax-exempt corporations, a unit of government; college or university; school district or non-arts nonprofit providing arts programming and/or arts services in Pennsylvania. - To strengthen Pennsylvania communities through the arts, connect and increase Pennsylvanians’ access to lifelong learning through the arts, and to champion public awareness and appreciation of the arts in Pennsylvania communities.
Pennsylvania Council on the Arts Creative Entrepreneur Accelerator Program: Until funds are expended. (Funding Source: General Fund)
- Creative entrepreneurs must operate in the creative industry, be at least 18 years old, a current resident of PA for one year, and (if applicable) manage a business with gross revenue of less than $200,000. - To pair access to existing small business consulting services with financial resources for creative entrepreneurs who aspire to start their own for-profit business or who operate an existing for-profit micro business.
Pennsylvania Office of the State Fire Commissioner Fire and Emergency Medical Services Loan Program: No Deadline Provided (Funding Source: Fire and Emergency Medical Services Loan Fund)
- Fire and emergency medical services companies. - To support the acquisition, rehabilitation, or improvement of apparatuses, facilities, and equipment.
DHS Low-Income Household Water Assistance Program (LIHWAP): No Deadline Provided (Funding Source: Federal Funding)
- Households that are in emergency situations maintain essential water access. Crisis situations include: past-due water bills; termination of water service; or, threat of termination of water service in the next 60 days. - To help families who have overdue water bills or at risk of losing water service for their home.
PEMA Public Assistance Program: No Deadline Provided (Funding Source: Federal Funding)
- State agencies, local government organizations, and certain private nonprofit organizations that incurred costs or damages as a direct result of a federally declared disaster. The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania serves as the direct liaison between the federal government and all applicants requesting federal disaster assistance. - To provide cost reimbursement aid for incurred costs or damages as a direct result of a federally declared disaster.
DHS American Rescue Plan Act Funding for Long-Term Care Providers: No Deadline Provided (Funding Source: Federal Funding)
- Nursing facilities, personal care homes, and assisted living residences in DHS’ Office of Long-Term Living (OLTL) system. - For COVID-19-related costs.
PHFA Homeowners Assistance Fund: No Deadline Provided (Funding Source: Federal Funding)
- Owner-occupied homeowners who experienced a financial hardship as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic after January 21, 2020. - To assist Pennsylvania homeowners facing financial hardship due to the COVID-19 pandemic.