Delloso announces nearly $7.5 million in state transportation funding
Improvements and repairs for 17 roadways in the region
RIDLEY PARK, Aug. 4 – State Rep. Dave Delloso, D-Delaware, announced that the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation has awarded a $7,485,777 contract to Montgomery-based Allan Myers, LP for the repair and resurfacing of 17 roadways in Delaware, Chester and Montgomery counties.
“This is welcome news for our region and, as such, I’m so happy to see these improvements already beginning to take shape,” Delloso said. “Barring any type of unanticipated delays, all of the work is slated to begin this summer and expected to be completed around this time next year. And while construction may cause short-term delays, there’s no doubt that once completed, these important improvements will provide a better driving experience in the long term.”
According to Delloso, the improvements will involve milling and resurfacing 31 miles of state highway using bituminous material, plus performance micro-surfacing on deteriorated pavement joints on southbound Interstate 476 in Montgomery and Delaware counties, and on a section of northbound and southbound U.S. 202 in Chester County. The new pavements will seal the roadways and provide motorists with a smoother riding surface.
The state highways scheduled for resurfacing and other improvements include:
- U.S. 13 between Morton Avenue and the Delaware State Line in Trainer and Marcus Hook boroughs and the City of Chester.
- Route 352 (Middletown Road) between Barren Road and Route 926 (Street Road) in Thornbury, Edgmont and Middletown townships.
- Mill Road between Earlington Road and Karakung Drive in Haverford Township.
- U.S. 322 (Conchester Highway) from east of Featherbed Lane/Mattson Road to Story Road in Concord, Bethel, and Upper Chichester townships.
- Darby Paoli Road between Bryn Mawr Avenue and Brooke Road in Radnor Township.
- Bryn Mawr Avenue between Route 3 (West Chester Pike) and the Bryn Mawr Avenue bridge over Darby Creek in Newtown and Radnor townships.
- Morton Avenue/Swarthmore Avenue between U.S. 13 (Chester Pike) and Route 420 (Woodland Avenue) in Rutledge, Ridley Park, and Morton boroughs.
- 9th Street between Baker Street and U.S. 13 (Highland Avenue) in Trainer Borough and City of Chester.
- Goshen Road between Route 252 (Newtown Street Road) and Darby Paoli Road in Newtown and Radnor townships.
- Birney Highway/Aston Mills Road between Concord Road and Valley Brook Road in Chester Heights Borough and Aston Township.
- Gulph Creek Road between King of Prussia Road and County Line Road in Radnor Township.
- Cheyney Road between Concord Road and U.S. 1 (Baltimore Pike) in Concord Township.
- Eagle Road between Wayne Avenue and King of Prussia Road in Radnor Township.
- St. Davids Road between Church Road and the Route 252 (Darby Paoli Road) Interchange in Newtown and Radnor townships.
- I-476 South between the Interstate 76 and U.S. 1/Media Bypass interchanges in West Conshohocken Borough and Lower Merion Township, Montgomery County, and Radnor, Haverford and Marple townships in Delaware County.
- U.S. 202 in both directions beginning at the Route 100 Interchange and proceeding 2.6 miles north in West Goshen, East Goshen and West Whiteland townships, Chester County.