Now open for applications: Student mental health and wildlife funding opportunities
Rep. Danilo Burgos March 7, 2022 | 2:57 PM
STATE PROGRAMS NOW OPEN FOR APPLICATIONS:
Pennsylvania Commission on Crime and Delinquency: Support for Student Mental Health Needs Program (Funding Source: General Fund)
Who May Apply: Nonprofit organizations, school districts, and other school entities.
Use: To propose programming and other services to address youth mental health needs that have become apparent during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Funds: Grants up to $150,000.
Application Deadline: March 28, 2022
More Information: Click on https://egrants.pccd.pa.gov/Public/OpenAnnouncements.aspx.
Pennsylvania Commission on Crime and Delinquency: 2022 Resource Center for Prevention Program (Funding Source: General Fund)
Who May Apply: Any institution of higher education, nonprofit agency, or for-profit organization.
Use: To support Pennsylvania’s Resource Center for Evidence-based Prevention and Intervention Programs and Practices (Resource Center).
Funds: One award of $945,000.
Application Deadline: April 4, 2022
More Information: Click on https://egrants.pccd.pa.gov/Public/OpenAnnouncements.aspx.
Pennsylvania Fish & Boat Commission: State Wildlife Grant Program (Funding Source: Federal Funding)
Who May Apply: Any agency, organization, or entity desiring to participate in the planning or implementation of a state’s strategy. Partners can include, but are not limited to, federal agencies, state agencies, local agencies, native American tribes, nonprofit organizations, academic institutions, industry groups, and private individuals.
Use: To develop and implement conservation actions identified in their State Wildlife Action Plan.
Funds: Varies by award.
Application Deadline: April 22, 2022
More Information: Click on https://www.fishandboat.com/Resource/StateWildlifeGrantProgram/Pages/default.aspx.
UPCOMING APPLICATION DEADLINES:
PCCD Violence Intervention & Prevention Technical Assistance Project: March 10, 2022 (Funding Source: General Fund)
- Institutions of higher education (public and/or not-for-profit only), nonprofit organizations, and for-profit organizations. - To support the design, launch, and management of a new Statewide Community of Practice technical assistance, training, and capacity-building initiative.
L&I Clean Energy Workforce Development Grant: March 14, 2022 (Funding Source: General Fund)
- Pennsylvania local workforce development board. - To assist the department with the creation of programs designed to engage and support businesses in the clean energy sector.
PCCD STOP Violence Against Women SART Development Program: March 14, 2022 (Funding Source: Federal Funding)
- Counties and nonprofit victim service agencies. - To improve coordinated responses to sexual assault through increasing the number of multi-disciplinary Sexual Assault Response Teams (SARTs) across the Commonwealth.
DCED Statewide Local Share Account: March 15, 2022 (Funding Source: State Gaming Fund)
- Counties, municipalities, municipal authorities, economic development agencies, redevelopment authorities, and non-profits (if they partner with any of the previous entities). - To support projects that improve the quality of life of individuals in the commonwealth.
L&I Schools-to-Work Program March 15, 2022 (Funding Source: General Fund)
- Any entity that is registered with the department as a pre-apprenticeship program or connected with a registered apprenticeship program. - To support the establishment or enhancement of a workforce development partnership between schools, employers, organizations, or associations to create employment and training pathways.
PCCD Endowment Act – Child Advocacy Centers Grant Program: March 18, 2022 (Funding Source: Monetary Penalty Endowments Trust Fund)
- Active members of the National Children’s Alliance. - To support residents of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania who have been child victims of physical and/or sexual abuse.
PCCD Endowment Act – Direct Victim Service Organizations Grant Program: March 18, 2022 (Funding Source: Monetary Penalty Endowments Trust Fund)
- Direct victim service organizations. - To support residents of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania who have been child victims of sexual abuse.
CFA Business in Our Sites: March 31, 2022 (Funding Source: Business in Our Sites Program Account – Loan repayments)
- Municipalities, redevelopment authorities, municipal authorities, industrial development authorities and private developers. - For the acquisition and development of key sites for future use by businesses, private developers, and others. Funds must be used on previously utilized or undeveloped sites which demonstrate substantial likelihood of future use after the property is made shovel ready. The program is designed to create an inventory of shovel-ready sites so projects must be speculative.
PCCD Justice Assistance Grant (JAG) Local Initiatives Funding: March 31, 2022 (Funding Source: Federal Funding)
- Local units of government and non-profit organizations. - To implement projects and programs that directly address the PCCD Objectives and Goals outlined in PCCD’s 2021-2025 Strategic Framework.
PCCD Paul Coverdell Forensic Science Improvement Funds: April 5, 2022 (Funding Source: Federal Funding)
- Accredited state, county, or local Forensic Crime Laboratories or those laboratories that will achieve accreditation within two years of receiving an award. - To improve the quality and timeliness of forensic services with an emphasis on the opioid crisis throughout Pennsylvania.
PCCD Regional Policing Assistance Program: April 5, 2022 (Funding Source: Federal Funding)
- Any municipality – a city, borough, township, home-rule municipality, or county. Applicants may also be a public or quasi-public body, or its representative, duly authorized to act on behalf of one or more municipality. - To assist in the formation of new regional police departments or for the expansion of established regional police departments by adding an additional municipality(s).
DCNR Community Conservation Partnerships Program (C2P2): April 6, 2022 (Funding Source: Multiple State and Federal Sources)
- Counties, municipalities, municipal agencies, nonprofit organizations, state heritage areas, prequalified land trusts, for-profit enterprises (for some grant types). - Planning, acquisition, and development of public parks, pools, indoor recreation facilities, playgrounds, motorized and walking trails, river conservation and access, stream buffers, open space conservation, and regional and statewide partnerships.
CDC Drug-Free Communities (DFC) Support Program: April 11, 2022 (Funding Source: Federal Funding)
- Non-profit organizations. - To establish and strengthen collaborations to support the efforts of community coalitions working to prevent and reduce substance use among youth by addressing the factors in a community that increase the risk of substance use and promote the factors that minimize the risk of substance use.
Pennsylvania Council on the Arts Folk and Traditional Arts Apprenticeship Grants: April 18, 2022 (Funding Source: General Fund)
- Artists. - To investigate, document, present, sustain, and promote the folk and traditional art of Pennsylvania in order to celebrate diverse heritage.
DCNR Volunteer Fire Assistance Program: May 12, 2022 (Funding Source: Federal Funding)
- Local firefighting entities in rural areas or communities with fewer than 10,000 residents. - To support training and equipment purchases directly related to fighting brush and forest fires.
CFA Act 13 Grant Programs: May 31, 2022 (Funding Source: Marcellus Legacy Fund)
- Counties, municipalities and commonwealth agencies. - To support initiatives that will include abandoned mine drainage abatement; abandoned well plugging; sewage treatment; greenways, trails and recreation; baseline water quality data; watershed restoration; and flood control.
DEP Agriculture Energy Efficiency Rebate Program: June 30, 2022 (Funding Source: Federal Funding)
- Pennsylvania agricultural producers. - Rebates for LED lighting (interior or exterior), variable frequency drives for milk vacuum pumps, and variable frequency drives for ventilation fans.
Agriculture Farm Vitality Planning Grants: Until funds are expended. (Funding Source: General Fund)
- Farmers and prospective farmers. - Organic transition planning assistance, as well as professional services to assist with business planning, efficient transitions of farm ownership, strategic farm expansion, product diversification, and financial and technical expertise in order to enhance the long-term vitality of PA farms.
DEP Alternative Fuel Vehicle Rebates: Until funds are expended. (Funding Source: Alternative Fuels Incentive Grants Fund)
- Pennsylvania residents who purchase/lease a new or used alternative fuel vehicle with a purchase price of $50,000 or less. Businesses are not eligible. - To defray costs of purchasing a battery electric vehicle (BEV), hydrogen fuel cell vehicle (HFCV), plug-in hybrid electric vehicle, electric motorcycle, natural gas vehicle, or propane vehicle.
DEP Small Business Advantage Grant Program: Until funds are expended. (Funding Source: Recycling Fund & Hazardous Sites Cleanup Fund)
- Registered Pennsylvania for-profit businesses with 100 or fewer full-time equivalent employees and which are taxed as a for-profit business. - To purchase energy efficient or pollution prevention equipment or adopt waste reduction processes.
DHS Indoor Air Management Strategies for Long Term Care: Until funds are expended. (Funding Source: American Rescue Plan Act Funds)
- Long term care nursing facilities, assisted living facilities, and personal care homes. - Indoor air management strategies in long-term care facilities aimed at reducing the risk of transmission of and occupant exposure to COVID-19.
Pennsylvania Council on the Arts Statewide Creative Catalyst Grants: Until funds are expended. (Funding Source: General Fund)
- Nonprofit, tax-exempt corporations, a unit of government; college or university; school district or non-arts nonprofit providing arts programming and/or arts services in Pennsylvania. - To strengthen Pennsylvania communities through the arts, connect and increase Pennsylvanians’ access to lifelong learning through the arts, and to champion public awareness and appreciation of the arts in Pennsylvania communities.
Pennsylvania Council on the Arts Creative Entrepreneur Accelerator Program: Until funds are expended. (Funding Source: General Fund)
- Creative entrepreneurs must operate in the creative industry, be at least 18 years old, a current resident of PA for one year, and (if applicable) manage a business with gross revenue of less than $200,000. - To pair access to existing small business consulting services with financial resources for creative entrepreneurs who aspire to start their own for-profit business or who operate an existing for-profit micro business.
DHS Low-Income Household Water Assistance Program (LIHWAP): No Deadline Provided (Funding Source: Federal Funding)
- Households that are in emergency situations maintain essential water access. Crisis situations include: past-due water bills; termination of water service; or, threat of termination of water service in the next 60 days. - To help families who have overdue water bills or at risk of losing water service for their home.
PA Governor’s Office/United Way of PA Local Innovations in Vaccine Equity in Pennsylvania project (LIVE PA): No Deadline Provided (Funding Source: Federal Funding)
- Any faith-based and non-profit organizations with a goal of administering COVID-19 vaccinations, as well as COVID-19 education and outreach. - To host and promote vaccination events. Additional vaccines may also be requested.
PEMA Public Assistance Program: No Deadline Provided (Funding Source: Federal Funding)
- State agencies, local government organizations, and certain private nonprofit organizations that incurred costs or damages as a direct result of a federally declared disaster. The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania serves as the direct liaison between the federal government and all applicants requesting federal disaster assistance. - To provide cost reimbursement aid for incurred costs or damages as a direct result of a federally declared disaster.
DHS American Rescue Plan Act Funding for Long-Term Care Providers: No Deadline Provided (Funding Source: Federal Funding)
- Nursing facilities, personal care homes, and assisted living residences in DHS’ Office of Long-Term Living (OLTL) system. - For COVID-19-related costs.
PHFA Homeowners Assistance Fund: No Deadline Provided (Funding Source: Federal Funding)
Owner-occupied homeowners who experienced a financial hardship as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic after January 21, 2020. - To assist Pennsylvania homeowners facing financial hard