Bradford announces over $100K in funding for local first responders
NORRISTOWN, Jan. 22 – State Rep. Matt Bradford, D-Montgomery, announced a total of $101,078 in state grants awarded to eight fire and EMS companies across the 70th Legislative District.
“Fire and rescue services are the backbone of any successful community, and I am grateful for the heroic work of our firefighters and emergency personnel,” Bradford said. “I thank the Office of the State Fire Commissioner and all the agencies that assisted in securing this vital funding to help keep Montgomery County families safe.”
Through the Fire Company and Emergency Medical Service Grant Program, first responders can use the funding for construction or renovation of facilities and fixtures, maintenance and improvements for service capabilities, purchase or repair of equipment, purchase of fuel for company vehicles, plus training and education.
The following companies secured funding:
- Fairmount Engine Company 2 in Norristown: $9,000.
- Hancock Fire Company in Norristown: $14,248.
- Montgomery Hose & Steam Fire Engine Company No. 1 in Norristown: $13,152.
- Municipality of Norristown: $14,248.
- Norristown Hose Company: $12,741.
- Norriton Fire Engine Company in Norristown: $14,248.
- Plymouth Community Ambulance Association in Plymouth Meeting: $9,192.
- Worcester Volunteer Fire Department: $14,248.
Bradford noted that recipients still need to complete and return original signed copies of the grant agreements by May 31 in order to receive the funding.