Markosek announces $243K in grants awarded to area first responders
MONROEVILLE, June 30 – State Rep. Brandon Markosek announced a total of $243,113 in grants have been awarded to 20 fire and emergency medical services companies.
Markosek, D-Allegheny, said the funding is provided by the Fire Company and Emergency Medical Service Grant Program, which is overseen by the Office of the State Fire Commissioner.
“First responders showed courage and dedication to their communities in the face of COVID-19, while struggling with the impacts to revenue and resources inflicted by the pandemic,” Markosek said. “Securing this funding will help to support essential needs so that these men and women can continue to keep the neighborhoods they serve safe.”
The grants awarded are as follows:
- Chalfant Volunteer Fire Co.: $11,876.
- Crestas Volunteer Fire Co. #4: $11,520.
- Eastern Area Prehospital Service (EMS): $8,993.
- Fire Department of North Versailles: $13,124.
- Fire Department of North Versailles (EMS): $8,993.
- Holiday Park Volunteer Fire Department: $13,302.
- Monroeville EMS Inc.: $8,282.
- Monroeville Fire Co. #6: $13,837.
- Monroeville Volunteer Fire Co. #5: $14,193.
- Monroeville Volunteer Fire Co. #4: $15,000.
- Monroeville Volunteer Fire Co. #3: $12,054.
- Monroeville Volunteer Fire Co. #1: $15,000.
- Pitcairn Fire Company #1: $12,589.
- Plum Emergency Medical Service Inc. (EMS): $8,993.
- Renton Volunteer Fire Department: $11,698.
- United Volunteer Fire and Rescue: $12,233.
- Unity Volunteer Fire Department: $13,302.
- West Wilmerding Volunteer Fire Department: $11,876.
- Wilkins Township Volunteer Fire Co. #3: $13,302.
- Wilmerding Volunteer Fire Department: $12,946.
Eligible organizations can use the funds for facilities and equipment, debt reduction, training and education, recruitment and retention, and to supplement operational expenses incurred by lack of opportunity for fundraising and inability to create revenue due to compliance with measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
More information, including the full list of awardees, is available here.