Davis: More than $100K in Fire Company and EMS grants awarded to numerous entities in 35th Legislative District
HARRISBURG, May 6 – A combined total of $100,700 in Fire Company and Emergency Medical Service grants was awarded Wednesday to numerous fire and EMS companies in the 35th Legislative District, announced state Rep. Austin Davis.
Davis, D-Allegheny, said the following entities received funding:
- City of McKeesport Fire Department – $13,700
- Munhall Area Prehospital Services (EMS) -$11,920.24
- Munhall Fire & Rescue Co. 5 - $12,331.03
- Munhall Volunteer Fire Company No. 1 - $11,783.31
- Rainbow Volunteer Fire Company - $12,467.96
- Versailles Volunteer Fire Company No. 1 Inc. - $14,248.03
- White Oak Emergency Medical Service - $12,057.17
- White Oak Volunteer Fire Company No. 1 - $12,194.10
“Now, more than ever, it is crucial that our first responders have the funding needed to safely respond to emergency situations,” Davis said. “Despite the impact COVID-19 has had on the state system, the Office of the State Fire Commissioner has remained steadfast in ensuring our fire and EMS personnel are receiving what they need so that they can continue to provide outstanding emergency services to their communities.”
Davis said the funding can be used for the construction and renovation of facilities; purchasing equipment; debt reduction; training and education; and overtime cost associated with backfilling positions while firefighters are attending training.
The grant program is available for volunteer and career fire companies, emergency medical services and rescue squads. The program provides grant eligibility information and makes an online grant application available for all eligible applicants.