Davis: Nearly $200K in state funding awarded to 15 fire and emergency medical services companies in the Mon Valley
HARRISBURG, Jan. 21 – State Rep. Austin Davis, D-Allegheny, announced a total of 15 fire and emergency medical services companies are slated to receive a combined total of $187,946 in state funding.
“Our first responders put it all on the line to protect our community,” Davis said. “However, they can’t do their job if they lack the training or equipment to do so. This funding will allow emergency services personnel and local firefighters to safely accomplish that goal so that they, too, can go home to their families at the end of their shift.”
The grantees include:
- City of McKeesport Fire Department - $14,248.
- Clairton Volunteer Fire Department - $12,000.
- Coulter Volunteer Fire Co. - $11,920.
- Duquesne Volunteer Fire Department - $12,194.
- Duquesne Annex Fire Co. - $12,194.
- McKeesport Ambulance Rescue - $9,192.
- Munhall Prehospital Services - $9,192.
- Munhall Fire & Rescue No. 5 - $12,057.
- Munhall Volunteer Fire Co. No. 2 - $23,283.
- Munhall Volunteer Fire Co. No. 1 - $13,289.
- Rainbow Volunteer Fire Co. - $12,604.
- Versailles Volunteer Fire Co. - $11,646.
- Whitaker Volunteer Fire Co. - $11,646.
- White Oak EMS - $9,192.
- White Oak Volunteer Fire Co. No. 1 - $13,426.
The grants are funded by Pennsylvania’s Fire Company and Emergency Medical Service Grant Program, administered by the Office of the State Fire Commissioner. In addition to funding equipment and training, the money can be used for repairing, building or renovating facilities and for repaying debt related to equipment purchases or facility building and maintenance.
Davis noted that recipients must visit the OSFC grant link and complete and return the original signed copies of their grant agreements to the OSFC office as soon as possible in order to process their grant and to receive funds.
For more information, please visit the following link: https://www.osfc.pa.gov/GrantsandLoans/Volunteer%20Fire%20Company%20And%20Ambulance%20Grants/Pages/default.aspx.