Costa to host House Democratic Policy Committee hearing on affordable housing and rebuilding neighborhoods Wednesday in Pittsburgh
PITTSBURGH, Oct. 6 – State Rep. Dom Costa, chairman of the Allegheny County Delegation, announced today he will host a House Democratic Policy Committee hearing to discuss affordable housing and rebuilding neighborhoods.
The public hearing will be held at 2 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 11 at the Teamsters Local Union 249 Hall, 4701 Butler St.
Costa requested the hearing because it is an important issue for him and many municipalities in his district who are looking for ways to increase affordable housing while revitalizing their neighborhoods.
The current agenda is:
2 p.m. – Welcome and opening remarks
2:10 p.m. – Panel One:
- Pittsburgh City Councilman Corey O’Connor, District 5
- Eric Stoller, chief development officer, Rebuilding Together Pittsburgh
- Jason Tigano, real estate director, Economic Development South
3:00 p.m. – Panel Two:
- Robert Rubinstein, executive director, Urban Redevelopment Authority of Pittsburgh
- Ray Gastil, director of city planning, City of Pittsburgh
- Larry Swanson, executive director, ACTION-Housing Inc.
3:50 p.m. – Closing remarks
Media coverage is invited.